Polaris won't start when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris won't start when cold

My brother is buying his neighbors Polaris Ranger 2008 XP 700 EFI 4X4. Very well taken care of and maintained. It does have one problem. It doesn't want to start when the temp is below 40 deg. I'm guessing a cold temp sensor. Am I on the right tract? Is it a sensor? If so, what's it called and where it is located. Or what is the real problem??? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Originally posted by red bandit View Post
    My brother is buying his neighbors Polaris Ranger 2008 XP 700 EFI 4X4. Very well taken care of and maintained. It does have one problem. It doesn't want to start when the temp is below 40 deg. I'm guessing a cold temp sensor. Am I on the right tract? Is it a sensor? If so, what's it called and where it is located. Or what is the real problem??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Easiest thing first...........siphon out or dump fuel and start with fresh fuel.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X