2005 honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 honda

the nephew bought a Honda 2005 600 r i think ,, he is now selling it as insurance quote here in canada and a fairly new driver COST WAIT FOR IT 1000$ per month!!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Holy cow!
    A few months of those rates and he could buy the bike all over again!

I'm surprised to see it that high.
    Usually, here in the states, rates are the lowest for 600 cc and smaller.

Could it be due to his age, driving record, or credit rating, possibly?
    Insurance companies here are using ALL of that for excuses to raise the rate...
    Even what county we live in makes a difference!

I live in a small town that's divided between 3 counties.
    Rates are way different between any of the 3. It's crazy!

Maybe they've had a lot of claims on that particular sport bike?

Who knows what goes on in the minds of insurance companies??
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

WOW, that is just nuts.

I imagine (behind the curtain) the pricing has a lot to do with OHIP Provincial Health System passing along the RISK of young sport bike rider against huge hospitalization costs caring for injured motorcycle riders. Gotta be some connection the way that works between OHIP reimbursement and young sport biker wreck hospitalization. Obviously risk pool is much greater than normal population pool so maybe additional premiums are embedded in the rate.

Would be interesting to see how young snowmobilers are handled. Imagine wreck frequency is about the same with similar compound injuries.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
        the nephew bought a Honda 2005 600 r i think ,, he is now selling it as insurance quote here in canada and a fairly new driver COST WAIT FOR IT 1000$ per month!!
        Moe, move just a few miles south and the insurance is MUCH less expensive than the bike.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

he has a new license beginner just found out and that in combo with a super sport hairy fast bike i guess justifies the insurance quote most company's he said would not even quote ,,Slow Mo
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

My wife and I are both listed as riders on my policy, covering 3 bikes, my XJ, '83 CB550 and '04 Buell Blast. For a pretty standard $100k/$300k policy with uninsured/under-insured coverage, I'm paying $115 (~$210 CDN) per year for liability coverage. Ohio isn't a no-fault state, but I imagine it would cost quite a bit more somewhere like Michigan or Florida, which are no-fault states.

What's interesting is that I didn't notice until recently that my policy indicated my wife had her endorsement, but not me. Surprisingly, whether it was listed or not didn't affect my rate at all.

Maybe your nephew should trade up to an XS1100 if it's cheaper to insure

My in-laws were quoted a lot (can't remember the amount) for a policy in Florida wanting to sell them full coverage for an '09 Buell Blast, quoting the bike's value at $4k more than reality.
            Last edited by Prothec; 02-03-2016, 06:31 AM.
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Ohio is apparently the 2nd cheapest for car insurance, which is probably relative to motorcycle insurance.
              http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/...nce-rates.html
              82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
              Website/Blog

Comment

Mine is about $90 a year here in OK for liability only.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Mine runs around $110 a year with a "accessory" (Fairing, bags) endorsement. Back when I was involved in selling bikes, had many a young buck pick out a shiny new GS1000/1100 only to be shot down by the insurance costs. Back when I had my '70 Roadrunner, I had it insured as a Belvedere, its pretty much the same car. Never had a claim so I don't know if it would have worked. I found out my boat insurance had a "magic" top speed number (yes, they asked). IF you indicated anything over 48mph, the rate would go up. Would jump from $300 a year to over $500. So my top end was 48mph according to the insurance company, unless I hammered it. Then 48mph was just a number between 0mph and 60 some.
                  When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Mine is about $90 a year here in OK for liability only.
                    Decent rate Greg. Mine through State Farm runs some $72 a yr.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                    X