Valve spring compressor tool for loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve spring compressor tool for loan

I have one of these, last used it about 10 years ago, fully intact. i don't figure I'll be using it ever again, so I'm offering it up for loan, you know, like the banner floats around to whomever might need it? Only condition is you MUST pass it on when requested. Don't sell it or keep it for an inordinate amount of time.

Whomever has it will cover shipping to the next needy XS-ive
    It works well on the XS / XJ engines and probably some others. PM me with your addy and I'll post it post-haste and announce here who has it.

Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

I made one from a big C clamp from Harbor Freight and a cutaway 15/ 16" socket..

Think I spent about $15.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thats a great gesture and great idea Randy...over on one of the ST1100/1300 sites...ST-Riders.net theres a similar idea for a kit with tools to do the well known 28 amp alternator upgrade to 40amps...as the early models of the ST had an oil cooled 28 amp-er that would not be adequate to run extra electicals on...so theres a kit that gets forwarded and has helped many people over many yrs...and its still being used today....
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Here's the device, using a C clamp and socket:
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Well, nevermind
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

LOL...sorry, I figured you were looking for one, not trying to lend one out. Re-reading has revealed the truth...although they are easy to make.
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
            X