Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha Rider? Grandson William

XS Friends,
    Had to take a break from the XS11's for a day or two.....

Got me a new Grandson yesterday "William"!
    Hope to make him a Yamaha rider!

I'm now scouring the Craigslists for a YZinger! The other grandparents own more than 50 (yes 50!) bikes..... They own European bikes like Ducattis' and Aprillas, Triumphs, etc.... Got to get started on a YZinger restoration NOW!

KURT
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Congratulations Kurt...he is awesome!!! Where did you get that shirt? I want one!!!
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Congratulations !!! Now you do know he is too young to tattoo tuning forks on yet
      To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
      1980 G Silverbird
      Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
      1198 Overbore kit
      Grizzly 660 ACCT
      Barnett Clutch Springs
      R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
      122.5 Main Jets
      ACCT Mod
      Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
      Antivibe Bar ends
      Rear trunk add-on
      http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Congratulations! You can't beat that!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Congratulation's...!!!!Nice pic also...Good health to all....
          1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
          2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Congratulations Kurt...he is awesome!!! Where did you get that shirt? I want one!!!
            Thanks guys.... "William Ryan" is my third grandchild (second grandson) a product of my #2 son Derek. My oldest Kurt Jr's wife is also expecting what will be grandchild #4 and will be out in about a month making three children for him. Unfortunately, Kurt Jr lives in Northern Kentucky and we see them only 4-5 times per year. William is located within 30 miles and WILL BE SPOILED TO HECK by Nancy & I

FYI.... "William" is named for his Maternal Great Grand Dad. "Bill/Pappy" is 82 years old and still drives his "LIKE NEW" SR500 on occasion! He does need help kicking it started. When he is no longer able to ride the bike it will find a home in my personal Yamaha dealership.....

Kurt

MadMax,
            The shirt(s) were purchased by my Wife on Evil-Bay for Christmas. I have two. The other is from a dealership in Boston and is REALLY cool looking with R1, R6, Yamalube, Etc embroidered stitchings. They both have HUGE "Yamaha Racing" embroidered onto the backs. She also got one for my youngest son as well as we are working together on the DEAD DUCK. These are old Yamaha Technician shirts.
            Kurt Boehringer
            Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
            1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
            1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              Very true!..........if I hadn't seen the most important part of pic(grandson) first, he almost LOOKS like a real mechanic with that shirt on............but alas, just a Granddad in' sheeps clothing'.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
                Thanks guys.... "William Ryan" is my third grandchild (second grandson) a product of my #2 son Derek. My oldest Kurt Jr's wife is also expecting what will be grandchild #4 and will be out in about a month making three children for him. Unfortunately, Kurt Jr lives in Northern Kentucky and we see them only 4-5 times per year. William is located within 30 miles and WILL BE SPOILED TO HECK by Nancy & I

FYI.... "William" is named for his Maternal Great Grand Dad. "Bill/Pappy" is 82 years old and still drives his "LIKE NEW" SR500 on occasion! He does need help kicking it started. When he is no longer able to ride the bike it will find a home in my personal Yamaha dealership.....

Kurt

MadMax,
                The shirt(s) were purchased by my Wife on Evil-Bay for Christmas. I have two. The other is from a dealership in Boston and is REALLY cool looking with R1, R6, Yamalube, Etc embroidered stitchings. They both have HUGE "Yamaha Racing" embroidered onto the backs. She also got one for my youngest son as well as we are working together on the DEAD DUCK. These are old Yamaha Technician shirts.
                .........and I want one also.......just happens I'm an ole' mechanic and certified welder/metalurgist,(retired). Send me a site PM(private message) for address and payment reference to this ole' grandpa(X 3). That IS a way cool business shirt!........BTW, size medium, and a serious purchaser!
                Last edited by motoman; 01-08-2016, 08:33 PM.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

What a happy day- life is really worth living today isn't it?

So happy for you Kurt, and Nancy, and Derek/wife!
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
                    What a happy day- life is really worth living today isn't it?
                    So happy for you Kurt, and Nancy, and Derek/wife!
                    Thanks Mike & XS Friends
                    It seems like not so long ago we were taking his Daddy home from the hospital. It was actually 26 years ago...
                    Kinda makes a guy want to make the best of every day.... Life seems a bit shorter than it did when I was my son's age.

My Son, the new Daddy, is a Georgia Law Enforcement Officer.

My wife Nancy, son, & grandson (24+++) hours without any sleep for Derek.

Unfortunately, I have developed a bit of a head cold and won't visit with William until it's gone......

Kurt
                    Kurt Boehringer
                    Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Congratulations Kurt & Nancy on the arrival of William.
                      Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks Mike & XS Friends
                        It seems like not so long ago we were taking his Daddy home from the hospital. It was actually 26 years ago...
                        Kinda makes a guy want to make the best of every day.... Life seems a bit shorter than it did when I was my son's age.

My Son, the new Daddy, is a Georgia Law Enforcement Officer.

My wife Nancy, son, & grandson (24+++) hours without any sleep for Derek.

Unfortunately, I have developed a bit of a head cold and won't visit with William until it's gone......

Kurt
                        Wow!..........surprised you two still have those older pics .....and still in great cond! I was close to your location summer before this past one. Was in Columbus visiting mother inlaw. While there, I met up halfway for lunch at Callaway Gardens with three long time XSers, meeting them for first time: Jeff H., Jetmecharty(Marty) and Brent. Super nice folks and southern hospitality to match, which I wasn't used to being a Colo. native; But visiting down there, got used to the hospitality real quick!

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Wow!..........surprised you two still have those older pics .....and still in great cond!
                          Brent.... Those pics are less than one(1) day old.

I also enjoy Calloway Gardens. We drive our XS11 DUCK to that area EVERY nice weekend. Maybe we need to get a little Side Car for William?
                          Kurt Boehringer
                          Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Brent.... Those pics are less than one(1) day old.

I also enjoy Calloway Gardens. We drive our XS11 DUCK to that area EVERY nice weekend. Maybe we need to get a little Side Car for William?
                            Opps.........sorry Kurt, that particular posting stated a different, confusing interpentation.

Comment

Cut a hole in a luggage trunk for his head to poke through and PRESTO! - Yamastroller. Congrats, Grandpa!
                              I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X