So . . . waddaya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So . . . waddaya think?

I've had some problems with my Leatherlykes and had to do some mods to fix them.

Of course . . . I never do anything the easy way.

Comments?

Leatherlyke Mods

CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Better put some acorn nuts on the inside of those bags, Daniel - you wouldn't want your u'wear getting all ripped up inside of there...

Looks pretty nice!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

I like the Dragons. Did you do the work yourself? Exactly how was it done?

Comment

?

i think that is a very big picture.(oh ya nice art work)
        1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

John,
          My friend Ron drew the dragon . . . I scanned it in (two pieces), pasted it together, sized it right, printed it out, cut out the paper, traced it onto steel, and cut that out with a plasma cutter.

Kind of a pain, but I like it.

Ken,
          I actually have some carriage bolt type heads to use from the inside, just did not have enough in stock at the hardware store.
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Dan, I didn't read the story before I posted. The story explained it all. Seems like they were kinda chinsy before you got to them. I can understad them cracking from the shaking on an h-d, but not on something as smooth as a Valk. All of that cutting with a plasma cutter? Wow, you must have a very steady hand. There is a plasma cutter at work, but I don't think I could cut something that detailed with it. I'm actually better with a cutting torch. Maybe I don't use the plama cutter enough to feel comfortable with it.

Comment

Working...
            X