• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs1100 8 plug head

currently on ebay.
    XS1100 8 Plug Factory Head Item number: 2480858305
    Glenn
    Oz

Umm... I did the conversion. $3,500 dollars opening bid. THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Now, I certainly do not have any problem spending money on my XS, but I think that you can have an awful lot of machine work done for 3.5k! I think somebody should notify Bob Jones at Merriam Cycle. He'd probably buy it.
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

$3,500 is just the start, as you would have to rebuild the ignition system on your bike to operate the 8 plugs.....

For that money I'll buy a Bandit to go fast and still be able to get parts at a dealer.

This was on the XS11.com classified ads page for quite a while but I guess he didn't get any serious responses. I would like to see one of us end up with it, as it is an interesting item.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

The auction is worded kinda funny but it sounds like there are some other parts that come with it. It's still way more than I'd pay for it.

About $200 in machining would get the 4 more spark plug holes in an old XS11 head. Wiring in the extra coils should be all that hard but where would you put them?

The real advantage to twin sparkplug combustion chambers is to reduce detonation at higher compression ratios. Unless you're upping the compression this would be a waste of time and money.

I'd bet if I tried real hard I could come up with a decent FJ1100 for about that price.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hell, I would sell you SWMBO's FJ1100 for that amount of money She'd get over it in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by John
            Hell, I would sell you SWMBO's FJ1100 for that amount of money She'd get over it in a while.
            I'm broke and I'm lucky to have my rat XS11 Mongrel. I sure like to have one though. The fastest I've ever been was on a FJ1100 out in Eastern Oregon. I got it up to a little over 140 MPH when I chickened out.

Geezer

Comment

I haven't finished the breakin on the big bore yet, but when I do, that FJ better beware

Comment

Contact jimg1au. He is a member of this group and knows a bit about the machine they came off. he was racing the day they were running
                Glenn
                Oz

Comment

update on 8 plug head

I guess someone has got a few bucks cause someone has bid on that 8 plug head on Ebay. Even if I had the $$$ I don't know if a head that cost more then the bike it goes on is worth it. %ell, My xs has enough power to keep me happy for a very long time.
                  S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                  1-big XS patch
                  1-small XS/XJ patch
                  1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                  1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                  2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                  1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                  1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Re: update on 8 plug head

Originally posted by Czekus21
                    I guess someone has got a few bucks cause someone has bid on that 8 plug head on Ebay. Even if I had the $$$ I don't know if a head that cost more then the bike it goes on is worth it. %ell, My xs has enough power to keep me happy for a very long time.
                    I must be getting old but my XS11 is the only bike I've ever had that I don't have personal knowledge of the top speed. It obviously has more power than I have nerve to explore.

Geezer

Comment

why would you spend the $$$$$$$$

it just dont make any sense to spend the $$$$ to take a perfectly good hemi head and waste the space on an extra spark plug when if your after more performance get bigger valves and port it.....

Comment

Just think. You could spend alot of money on this head, put it on your bike, tune everything inn then you have the right to say yes when someone askes you " That thing got a hemi"
                        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                        1-big XS patch
                        1-small XS/XJ patch
                        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Actually, it is a hemi without changing to an 8 plug head. The combustion chambers are hemispherical to begin with.

Comment

The advantage of dual plugs is a more controled burn rate and less detonation. With this modification you could either run higher compression or lower octane rated gas.

Geezer.

Comment

Working...
                            X