Another reason to watch out for cagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason to watch out for cagers

If you haven't seen this video yet, you just aren't going to believe it. It just goes to prove that the two most plentiful things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity - Driver intentionally swerves into motorcycle
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

CRAP! That is nasty! Lucky those dumb kids weren't killed. That old buzzard needs a punch in the face! Now claiming he was "STUNG BY SOMETHING"?

Those dumb butt kids need to get a ticket for passing on the double-yellow and driving like fools. But that ole' buzzard needs to go to jail as it's certainly not his job to take the law into his hands....
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
      CRAP! That is nasty! Lucky those dumb kids weren't killed. That old buzzard needs a punch in the face! Now claiming he was "STUNG BY SOMETHING"?

Those dumb butt kids need to get a ticket for passing on the double-yellow and driving like fools. But that ole' buzzard needs to go to jail as it's certainly not his job to take the law into his hands....
      I agree entirely. I didn't think too much of the bike passing on the double yellow, but the guy in the cage went left of center too.

I liked the video guy's response when that moron said "I don't care." He replied, "You're going to." And I'll bet that "I don't care" remark will come back to bite him right square in his azz.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
        I agree entirely. I didn't think too much of the bike passing on the double yellow, but the guy in the cage went left of center too.

I liked the video guy's response when that moron said "I don't care." He replied, "You're going to." And I'll bet that "I don't care" remark will come back to bite him right square in his azz.
        Throw in some road-rash............. if he's lucky.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Jury trial for the ol guy...no defense for him, he crossed the double yellow too..hows he gonna explain that?
          Bikers had way more self control than I would have....

Apparently the old guy was charged with an assault of some kind.....
          Mark
          1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
          1992 Ducati 907ie
          2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

In Texas, you deserve the death penalty for double yellow passing. It's administered on the spot, like a good old fashioned lynching.

I have little use for people with an attitude like that.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              In Texas, you deserve the death penalty for double yellow passing. It's administered on the spot, like a good old fashioned lynching.

I have little use for people with an attitude like that.
              tend to agree...try that with some bikers and the old fart would have been shot on the spot...dispicable p o s doesnt derseve to live
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The guy that filmed this has some follow up on Youtube. He said nobody got a citation on the scene due to he said/she said. But after the cops got a copy of the video they are charging him (The cage driver) with attempted murder. (Maybe attempted vehicular homicide?)

The female passenger was taken to the hospital and put in ICU. She had one surgery on her elbow that was ground down the the bone and a possibility of losing the arm? She had been scheduled for another surgery to fix her fractured wrist. That was as of reading his responses yesterday.

While these guys aren't "Mr. Innocents".. they have a history of running from the cops on camera and they had been riding well into the triple digits before this happened, that in no way excuses the old man's actions. What I will warn against is while passing, go to the far left of the lane. I can't tell you how many times I've been passing, only to get even with a car and have them pull out without looking to pass as well. At this point, I just expect that to happen.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                  ... while passing, go to the far left of the lane. I can't tell you how many times I've been passing, only to get even with a car and have them pull out without looking to pass as well. At this point, I just expect that to happen.
                  Good advice ...

A friend of mine taught me this years ago, and I've been doing it ever since.

It has saved me from a collision with an inattentive driver many times.
                  Marco

Current bikes:
                  1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                  1979 Honda CBX
                  2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                  WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/19/d...rash-arrested/
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                      I can't tell you how many times I've been passing, only to get even with a car and have them pull out without looking to pass as well. At this point, I just expect that to happen.
                      Great advice...one must always be vigilant around cagers...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'll bet he cares now.

Comment

http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/articl...NEWS/151029972
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The plot thickens. Sounds like it's about time for that fargin icehole (Roman Moroni, circa 1984) to go away for a long while.

Comment

General rule of survival on bikes is ( When ridding like an ass look out for the A-hole ) Generally the bigger ass you are the bigger the A-hole you find.

When I was in my teens I rode trail with some ruff guys we did not always respect private property the way we should have. They started ridding further and further out and with no tags I decided I had extended my luck as far as I wanted to go on highways so we lost contact.
                              A few years later I found out one of the guys hit a tight wire across a path neck high at 80. Lesson learned A-holes can be nasty.
                              To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                              1980 G Silverbird
                              Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                              1198 Overbore kit
                              Grizzly 660 ACCT
                              Barnett Clutch Springs
                              R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                              122.5 Main Jets
                              ACCT Mod
                              Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                              Antivibe Bar ends
                              Rear trunk add-on
                              http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Working...
                              X