Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alive and kicking

Hi Folks

I've been away for a long time and appreciate the messages from fellow members who perhaps thought something drastic had happened to me like with some of our other friends here.

My partner developed breast cancer a while ago and underwent chemotherapy and other treatments, entirely free of charge, thanks to our wonderful NHS here in the UK (where, ironically, she has been a nurse for decades). After losing all her hair and fingernails...and feeling dreadful for one week out of four for a year, after each dose of chemotherapy, she has finally made a great recovery and has been given the all clear, at least for now. She was very, very lucky to have had an aggressive stage 3 tumour discovered at a routine NHS screening and get it removed within 10 days.

So, motorbikes and indeed everything else, took a back seat for a long time as it was a difficult time for both of us, and her especially. She's made a great recovery, now has hair and nails back and is back at work, nursing other people. As I'm sure you probably understand, I couldn't really focus on bike restorations and even everyone here that I value, so I disappeared for a while. I hope I'm welcome back.

I'm now looking for another XS1100 project. Maybe not even black this time! I don't think I could face doing another clone of the last two. They are both still going strong with both owners claiming they have the best example around. Neither has had much use and both still look lovely.

So, folks, it'll be a welcome relief to browse the world's best XS1100 forum again and post too (groan, I hear from you all)......

Thanks to everyone who messaged me. It was kind
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Congrats to you and your partner! Glad to hear that both of you are still with us, to help the world be a better place.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

James,

Consider yourself welcomed back!

We need your valued input here ...

Completely understandable why you were away for such a long time.

The rest of my comments I'll save for a PM to you ...
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

James

Glad to have you back. I pray that all will be well with you and your partner. Again, WELCOME BACK!!
        put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
        76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
        rover has spoken

Comment

Back!!!

Glad your partner is recovering.!When cancer creeps into our lives its scary,that's all we can do is our best to beat it.There making great strides in there fight...All the best to you and family..
          1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
          2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Welcome back James! Glad you and her made it through!
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome back James. as you already know: We missed you Glad o hear all is well now.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've missed you lot too.
                XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
                X