ATTENTION G. LOWE and FELLOW XS-SE IRONHORSE ATTENDEES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION G. LOWE and FELLOW XS-SE IRONHORSE ATTENDEES

Took a spill on the bike, and that just about cancels my trip. If anybody could help him out with lodging in my place, I'd appreciate it!
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

So sorry Ian. I was worried when you didn't show up by dinner.

Hope you are OK?
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

No Problem

We'll help G. Lowe. Where were you supposed to stay?
      -Mike
      _________
      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Oh hey Mike- I was supposed to be there tomorrow.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Where are you Ian?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hope you are alright Ian! Where are you at?
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hey guys- Thanks for the concern. I was actually only a few miles from my house in Michigan. I could actually get the bike fixed and be down there by tonight, but with the projected rain all weekend, it honestly deterrents me from coming down and riding in that. Will spend the morning replacing the blinker, clutch handle mount, and pull the Maier fairing, timing cover will have to be ordered.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Glad you're okay Ian
                Frame: 79 XS1100S
                Engine: 81 XS1100S
                Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
                Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb

Comment

Forecast

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  Hey guys- Thanks for the concern. I was actually only a few miles from my house in Michigan. I could actually get the bike fixed and be down there by tonight, but with the projected rain all weekend, it honestly deterrents me from coming down and riding in that. Will spend the morning replacing the blinker, clutch handle mount, and pull the Maier fairing, timing cover will have to be ordered.
                  Hi Ian,

May want to relook at the forecast for the XSSE area. It is much better now for the weekend. Today has rain, but Sat and Sun are looking good.

Sorry about the fall.
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer
                  K&N Air Filter
                  ACCT
                  Custom Paint by Deitz
                  Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                  Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                  Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                  Stebel Nautilus Horn
                  EBC Front Rotors
                  Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Relief

If it's gonna happen- it was better close to home.
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Howdy- I let Pam know that the room should remain booked for Friday and it's paid for. So, if George still needs a bed, it's paid for. If arrangements have already been made, then if a fellow XS-Sive needs a bed, it's ok me. After Friday, it's on you.

MP- It's tempting, and I have no qualms about jumping back on the horse, but I think it maybe was not meant to be, and maybe I should just sit-back and enjoy the weekend. I'll shoot for XS-East in May for a birthday present to myself.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Howdy- I let Pam know that the room should remain booked for Friday and it's paid for. So, if George still needs a bed, it's paid for. If arrangements have already been made, then if a fellow XS-Sive needs a bed, it's ok me. After Friday, it's on you.

MP- It's tempting, and I have no qualms about jumping back on the horse, but I think it maybe was not meant to be, and maybe I should just sit-back and enjoy the weekend. I'll shoot for XS-East in May for a birthday present to myself.
                        Ian, the first year I headed out there I had a front tire go down at 70MPH in Arkansas. I had the same feeling but plodded on and had a great time even though it was kinda rainy.

The next year I crashed the first day before lunch. Spent a week in the hospital in Ashville. Found out I had a LOT of good friends that trip.

Last year I decided to stick with a slower group for most of the ride and got a little bored but no matter what, I've always had a great time and got to meet new XSives and revisit with others.

You won't be disappointed if you decide to go. After all, it's all about the adventure and the people. The ride is just a bonus.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hey Ian, Sorry to hear you crashed. Glad you are ok. The bike can usually be fixed easier than you can.
                          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                          '82 XJ1100
                          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                          X