• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful!
    79SF
    xjr ohlins shocks, tarozzi forkbrace, bsa handlebars, bsm exhaust

Comment

Of all the XS lineage...to me the XJ1100 maxim is the most beautiful...the lines ..well. I was struck by it the first time I saw one in the dealer's showroom way back in '83 and it still holds true today...i wonder if 30 yrs of owning my Maxim has anything to do with that bias....nah...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post

Gorgeous!! Love the understated color ...

Thanks for the pics, Ben!

BTW, those panniers look suspiciously like they were lifted from a V-4 Venture ...
        Marco

Current bikes:
        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
        1979 Honda CBX
        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          Of all the XS lineage...to me the XJ1100 maxim is the most beautiful...the lines ..well. I was struck by it the first time I saw one in the dealer's showroom way back in '83 and it still holds true today...I wonder if 30 yrs of owning my Maxim has anything to do with that bias....nah...
          No way ... sounds like a totally objective opinion, uncolored by any bias.

Ahem ...
          Marco

Current bikes:
          1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
          1979 Honda CBX
          2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
          WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Your Rides

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
            This is why I have my 11 in as close to factory condition as is possible along with a few other old pristine condition bikes in my garage.
            Rob
            Take me back.!To a younger me...I'll take the Honda .Thank You!!! lucky you...ride safe....
            Last edited by tomcos67; 09-18-2015, 06:51 PM. Reason: Missing letters
            1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
            2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
              I know of one former member who managed $8300 for his '82 XJ1100J Maxim on Ebay a while back.......

(and it was worth every penny, too!)
              But would he have sold it for that amount had he known the bids would go that High??????
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                But would he have sold it for that amount had he known the bids would go that High??????
                Well, first of all... he wouldn't have purposely sold it, period.They loved that bike.
                But, once the auction was over, and his bluff was called, he had no choice.

If he HAD ever decided to sell, never in his wildest dreams would he have imagined it would have brought that much... He figured $3500 TOPS, which is a pretty good price for a nice Maxim.

Bohn was saying he thought it would bring $4000 or more... hence the dare.

Funny thing was, there wasn't one bid placed until the last 60 seconds of the auction. He thought it was going to turn out like he figured... no one would bid, and no one would come close to meeting his $5000 set price...

He figured wrong, though. Those two rich, foreign guys that got into a bidding war at the bell showed him what he knew! Lol
                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by Prisoner6 View Post
                  Gorgeous!! Love the understated color ...

Thanks for the pics, Ben!

BTW, those panniers look suspiciously like they were lifted from a V-4 Venture ...
                  And those mirrors too...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                    Well, first of all... he wouldn't have purposely sold it, period.They loved that bike.
                    But, once the auction was over, and his bluff was called, he had no choice.

If he HAD ever decided to sell, never in his wildest dreams would he have imagined it would have brought that much... He figured $3500 TOPS, which is a pretty good price for a nice Maxim.

Bohn was saying he thought it would bring $4000 or more... hence the dare.

Funny thing was, there wasn't one bid placed until the last 60 seconds of the auction. He thought it was going to turn out like he figured... no one would bid, and no one would come close to meeting his $5000 set price...

He figured wrong, though. Those two rich, foreign guys that got into a bidding war at the bell showed him what he knew! Lol
                    my feeling is that if he really wanted to...he could have backed out of the sale...I know I would have...
                    Talk about hindsight...If he had known the bike would languish in a museum never to be ridden regularly again...I think he would not have sold it.....
                    Last edited by madmax-im; 09-23-2015, 12:39 AM.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X