All this talk about new machines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about new machines...

... must be catching. I got a note from an old buddy last night who moved to Cranbrook last fall, one time zone and approx 400 km from here. He let me know there was an XS11 advertised in the local paper, thought I might be interested in passing the lead on to the group. Well, I called up the guy 'after 6' like his ad said to get a bit more info, for the group. Turns out it is (was) an '81 Special with brand new battery, rear tire, black 4 into 1 exhaust, mirrors, grips, and a freshly upholstered seat. Long story short - SWMBO and I headed out this morning to check it out. She drove the cage home, I rode the Special home.
    Ken Talbot

and just think

your past xsesive maximus and into moderator...lol.I want more what about meeeeeee,Did you forget to change your signiture?
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Congratulations, Glad another one found a good home. If these things could talk I wonder what they'd say? Mine would probably be something like " I was perfectly content sleeping in that guys barn in Va. Now I got this a-hole pokeing & proding around all my private parts & expecting me to run up & down the road whenever the mood strikes him!!
      Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
      2000 Heritage "Snow White"

Comment

Remember Ken, The first step to recovery is admitting you have an addiction

Congrats on the new ride!
        79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
        80 XS650 Special
        85 KAW 454 LTD
        Dirty Dan

Comment

Does this mean Sheila doesn't get her new FJR?
          Don Hughes
          Ex-1978 E
          Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
          1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
          1990 Honda Goldwing
          Edmonton

Comment

I think I'm safe till the next time we go to Kelowna and she takes along her riding gear. Then it could be trouble because she'll have a bike she has not become too attached to yet for a trade in.....
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
            X