My 1979 XS Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1979 XS Pics

Here is a couple of pics of my 1979 XS1100 Special. This is my first time tyring to get a pic to work so please let me know if it works.

Ironride

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291589331
    Ironride
    79 XS1100SF
    80 GS850G
    69 CB750 Four
    Never over-powered…just under controlled.

Nice flame job!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Backrest a bit too high, but...

yummie!

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Nice tank job Ironride.
        Did you do that yourself?
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Nice Job

Nice Job,

if you need a BEFORE picture.. i can send one..lol

It also nice to see the same seat I have here in pristine condition.
          jeff "Wags"
          Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
          79sf rusty
          79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Re: My 1979 XS Pics

Originally posted by Ironride
            Here is a couple of pics of my 1979 XS1100 Special. This is my first time tyring to get a pic to work so please let me know if it works.

Ironride

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291589331
            Actually what you posted was a link to the album on image station, not sure if that is what you wanted to do. To post a single picture you need to right click on the small (not full size) album picture and hit properties, that will give you the address of a single photo, if that is what you want to do...then post it with the IMG tags, try it out in the test forum! Here is a couple of your pictures so everybody can stay here and veiw them. If you have problems PM me and I can give you more info since I use ImageStation as well. BTW Nice Bike!

Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Thanks all

Let me start out by saying thanks to Gary (sixtysix) for the info on how to post picks. I like what you did better. Now about the flame job on the fuel tank…to be honest the bike was in such bad shape when I rescued it no one even knew that paint job was on the tank. I found it only after trying to buff the paint out trying to get a shine out of it again. After removing um-teen layers of dirt and crap I found the tank wasn’t black after all but what you see in the pic. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Ironride
              Ironride
              79 XS1100SF
              80 GS850G
              69 CB750 Four

Comment

nice job

Comment

Very cool !!!!! Love the paint

Comment

another thumbs up

Ironside, sometimes lucky is better than good, but when you are lucky and good... do you use 3M products with your buffing wheel?

(hey Wags, isn't that the same seat you have? oops you said that already!)
                    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Cleaning products

Mike,
                      I use a lot of different products for cleaning up a mess. I use stuff from 3M, DuPont, and even Color Back compound from Turtle Wax if it’s bad enough. I found, (for myself at least), that hand rubbing bike parts works better then using a wheel. The tanks have so many round edges that it would be very easy to burn the paint due to such a small part of the wheel being on the tank. As for the side covers, I’m willing to bet you could really launch one off a bench, and with some of the guys I have in the shop that wouldn’t be good. You see if someone yells DUCK, a couple of these yo-yos would be looking at the ceiling expecting to see a mallard.

Ironride
                      Ironride
                      79 XS1100SF
                      80 GS850G
                      69 CB750 Four

Comment

wheel vs hand

Ha, I just notice in my last post I called you Ironside, not Ironride

The reason I asked about 3M products, a friend here locally has a great business called "Custom Classics", a paint and body bike shop, mostly Harley's and sport bikes (custom paint, body repair, respectively ) and he uses a very low rpm hand held buffer for about half the work, hand sanding between coats, buffer for finishing. He turned me on the 3M products he uses in gallon bottles, and I was impressed with the results.

In his shop, if you yelled DUCK, they'd be expecting incoming from across the DMZ
                        Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Yep it is, I have the "Before" he has the "After" i think

jeff "Wags"
                          Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                          79sf rusty
                          79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Working...
                          X