Twist of the Wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twist of the Wrist

Has anyone ever read Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist? or has seen the video? I know many of those whom subscribe to this fourm have been riding for years, but I have found that the information very useful for beginners and those whom have well worn saddles on their machines. Unfortunately I was unable to find the book at my local library but was able to find the video on the net, and I found it very useful for all styles of riding.

Originally posted by mwsxj1100j View Post
    Has anyone ever read Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist? or has seen the video? I know many of those whom subscribe to this fourm have been riding for years, but I have found that the information very useful for beginners and those whom have well worn saddles on their machines. Unfortunately I was unable to find the book at my local library but was able to find the video on the net, and I found it very useful for all styles of riding.
    Yes ... to both questions!

Great info in the book, and it will make you a better rider if you apply the techniques, whether you're a beginner or a 40-year riding veteran.

Sometimes I think veteran riders are the ones who need this kind of info the most ... it seems we tend to fall into bad riding habits.

If anyone is interested, the book is available for purchase on Amazon:

A Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Roadracers Handbook
    Last edited by Prisoner6; 08-04-2015, 03:19 AM.
    Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

A Twist of the Wrist

If you have a Kindle, even the cheapest, I carry 202 books in my back pocket.

From Amazon;
      A Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Road Racers Handbook
      Jul 8, 1983
      by Keith Code
      Kindle Edition $5.99
      Auto-delivered wirelessly

A Twist of the Wrist II
      Kindle Edition $10.49

Paperback - A Twist of the Wrist
      $14.95used & new(6 offers)
      1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
      Braded stainless brake lines
      4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
      V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
      Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
      Vetter Windjammer III faring
      Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
      James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

Yup, great stuff. I recently upgraded from the VHS version to DVD. Still some corny stuff, but apply the techniques and see the difference.

another good one is

Ride like a Pro by Jerry Paladino. Intense slow maneuvers, ala Motor Officer training. A couple of hours of his drills and I need a day off whew!
        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Keith Code was teaching folks to ride back when tires were crap and traction was much more limited. "What does it cost to be a good rider, how much of your attention do you spend". He has some great ideas. I'd like to re-read the book if I could find it.
          1980 G
          Jardine Spaghetti

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Ug...ish/slideshow/

Comment

Working...
          X