Photobucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket?

Okay, I am still attempting to post my photos here but it is still an up hill trug. While attempting to download or is it upload something, I get these flags at the bottom of the screen telling me the action could harm my computer. What gives?
    I have a Windows Vista laptop I've had since 2007 and has, so far, survived my high level of inaptitude attempts to unintentionally destroy it.
    Do I ignore these warnings and forge on?
    1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
    Braded stainless brake lines
    4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
    V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
    Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
    Vetter Windjammer III faring
    Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
    James Madison, The Federalists Papers

I stopped using PhotoBucket and now use Picasa, works better for me. I have had false warnings from my anti virus with PB and it was a bit quirky at times.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I use PB...and Picasa is on my desktop...every picture that gets loaded into the computer is automatically transferred into Picasa. Ignore anything that pops up on PB...as they are just fishing you...so to say...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

With thanks

I will readjust my attempts, if I'm successful, glorious flicks will emerge - stay tuned.

ATC fuse box
        Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”

Comment

Now what?

Okay, Picasa has been loaded on my desk top.
          Picasa has plucked all my photos from my computer, so far so good.
          Not so good, after more than an hour, this is what I have managed to post on xs11.com

See it? Me neither. Can’t figure it out. I followed the prompts, even as odd as it seemed but no joy.

ATC fuse box
          Tkat Fork Brace

Comment

Originally posted by je2wheeler View Post
            Okay, Picasa has been loaded on my desk top.
            Picasa has plucked all my photos from my computer, so far so good.
            Not so good, after more than an hour, this is what I have managed to post on xs11.com

See it? Me neither. Can’t figure it out. I followed the prompts, even as odd as it seemed but no joy.
            Picasa isnt to download online...at least i have never done that...it does save every picture on your computer so if some picture hosting site like Photobucket goes down...you still have everything...SO
            You still need a picture hosting site...go back and set up the PB free account...disregard any popups for browsers or other typically fishing spams....once you get PB setup let us know...then w'ell guide you along...or at least i will...I use PB daily...
            Last edited by madmax-im; 08-01-2015, 04:58 PM.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

With Picasa, after the photos have been uploaded, click on full size image of the photo you wish to post, then right click and click on properties and copy the address of the photo, then paste it here in the forum like this...

[img] paste photo address here [/img]

There may be a simpler way, that is how I do it.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                With Picasa, after the photos have been uploaded, click on full size image of the photo you wish to post, then right click and click on properties and copy the address of the photo, then paste it here in the forum like this...

[img] paste photo address here [/img]

There may be a simpler way, that is how I do it.
                Okay, so I selected a photo from Picasa and clicked on full size image of the photo I want to post, then I right clicked and clicked on properties and tried to paste the address of the photo to Reply to Thread, but the paste option was not available in that little window. Tried it three times. So now what?

ATC fuse box
                Tkat Fork Brace

Comment

First highlight the address and then copy it, then just paste the address in your post, first type [img], then paste the photo address, then type [/img] and click preview post first to check to see if it came out, if it did, then you can click submit reply.
                  Last edited by bikerphil; 08-02-2015, 07:38 AM.
                  2H7 (79)
                  3H3

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                    First highlight the address and then copy it, then just paste the address in your post, first type [img], then paste the photo address, then type [/img] and click preview post first to check to see if it came out, if it did, then you can click submit reply.
                    Okay, I typed [img] - got the paste option this time. Added [/img] at the end and got this;
                    [img]C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\2014-03-17\035.JPG[/img]

Did it again but dropped the brackets and got this;
                    imgC:\Users\Owner\Pictures\2014-03-17\035.JPG/img

But as you can see, there is nothing to see.

ATC fuse box
                    Tkat Fork Brace

Comment

Hey there,

The address link you posted was the properties for the photo on YOUR COMPUTER HARDDRIVE.

You need access the photo on Picasa or Photobucket to get the URL of the photo ON the hosting site....ie. www.picasa.com/youraccount/image.jpg and THEN copy/past that URL into the post thread using the [ img ] [ /img ] codes, **extra spaces added to show tags**.

T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yes, TC is correct, the properties of the Picasa picture, sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
                        2H7 (79)
                        3H3

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                          Hey there,

The address link you posted was the properties for the photo on YOUR COMPUTER HARDDRIVE.

You need access the photo on Picasa or Photobucket to get the URL of the photo ON the hosting site....ie. www.picasa.com/youraccount/image.jpg and THEN copy/past that URL into the post thread using the [ img ] [ /img ] codes, **extra spaces added to show tags**.

T.C.
                          Okay - went to www.picasa.com/youraccount/image.jpg 3 times and got - 404 that’s an error. I know when I’m licked.
                          I do not understand computers even though I have used them for 30 years. If it has wheels and internal combustion, I am in my element. I have taken computer classes in college and made 4.0 in all of then, of course that was when DOS was still being used. I have always suspected my computer dislikes me. It is a great tool for paying my bills, word processing, email, shopping and such but sorry guys, looks like there will never be pictures. Now I've got to remove the programs I downloaded trying to get my pictures up.

ATC fuse box
                          Tkat Fork Brace

Comment

PC in PC class

Taking computer classes reminds me of the time when political correctness ran amuck in one computer class. Our instructor in this class was Iranian. One of the students was working toward a doctorate and she was eligible of a scholarship and had to keep a 4.0 GPA. The third week into the semester, the instructor made mention that no woman would receive a 4.0 in any of his classes, according to him women were not deserving. Several of us went to the college administrator to complain. She said there was nothing that could be done, it was his cultural and religious right. It was still within the time limit that the class could be dropped and not effect our GPA. We as a whole class dropped the class and he was out of a job.

ATC fuse box
                            Tkat Fork Brace

Comment

Ok, I'll try again to explain Picasa..

1. Logon to Picassa
                              2. Click on a photo that you have uploaded to Picassa
                              3. A small photo that you clicked on will appear in the top left corner, click on that photo again.
                              4. Now a larger photo will appear, right click and then click on "properties".
                              5. A window will appear, find the URL address and highlight it and right click and click "copy"
                              6. Now you can post in XS11.com, in your post, type [img], then right click and click "paste", then type [/img]
                              7. Your photo should appear in your post here on XS11.com, GL

2H7 (79)
                              3H3

Comment

Working...
                              X