Macho Maroon paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macho Maroon paint

Hi I am trying to match up paint for my 1978 XS1100 Yamaha motorcycle. Has any anyone had their bike paint scanned and has a paint code for Macho Maroon? I want to paint my bike back to it’s original colour but I no longer have anything left of the original colour to scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    78 E

Welcome to the Forum, Betty!

How about the underside of the fuel tank or the inside of the side covers?

I don't believe anyone has posted an actual working, accepted paint code for Yamaha's Macho Maroon paint but check out this thread and see if it helps:-
    Paint Codes please

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

XS1100 Paint

Hi thanks
      I checked the tank side covers and seat, they are painted over or badly faded. I was told at the paint shop they could scan it if I had a good sample from a cover or something. As we live in northern Canada there is not a lot of XS1100 around. I was hoping someone on here might have had one scanned. This is sort of a sentimental project as it was my first big bike from when I was a teenager.
      78 E

Comment

Here's a link to an old thread on the the subject.
        Not sure if the codes are still applicable with all the changes to the paint formulations, but it might help.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ight=DDL+51197
        79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
        Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
        *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
        *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

My husband matched the color and painted my bike last year. It looks a little different but it's very close. I'll post pics and the code a bit later.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Wow Kat- I never knew you were a woman! Awesome!
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Wildkat

Hi Wildkat
              I would greatly appreciate you posting your pictures and paint code. This is a sentimental project of the bike I bought when I was a teenager. Thanks again
              Dennis
              78 E

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                lol Yeah... it made that whole 'being a Mom' thing a lot easier

Originally posted by trbettyboop View Post
                Hi Wildkat
                I would greatly appreciate you posting your pictures and paint code. This is a sentimental project of the bike I bought when I was a teenager. Thanks again
                Dennis
                Ummmmm... egg on my face (good thing I like eggs)
                I realized afterward that the paint my husband matched was actually the New Ruby Red (I'm sorry, it's the most maroon of all the years to me) for the 80... then I thought "Hey! I just bought an 81 that's red!" and realized, it's not the right color either.

I certainly understand wanting the color to be just right and hope that you are able to match it perfectly for your project.

Sorry to get your hopes up.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Macho Maroon

Hi
                  Thanks anyway Kat. I have been having a hard time trying to find a panel or anything with the original colour to scan. Appreciate you trying to help.
                  78 E

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    Hi Ian,
                    Try and keep up at the back
                    Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                    X