Another nice customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another nice customization

"...selling a 78 yamaha bobber xs1100 the bike needs TLC motor rolls over but won't start..."

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5100250608.html
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

And remember

"...No low ballers please"
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Brakes

At least he kept the front brakes on it.
      mack
      79 XS 1100 SF Special
      HERMES
      original owner
      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
      SPICA
      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
      IOTA
      https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
      https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
      Frankford, Ont, Canada
      613-398-6186

Comment

And Another One

http://www.bing.com/search?q=amother...ba105a8e76641f
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

give it its last rites and bury it...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

$600 for me to remove from his property,....sure!
            Rob - 79 SF

Comment

This is why so many of us get upset over these morons who can not see a job through. Just grab a sawzall and cut crap off. Then bolt on some cool looking stuff that does not fit right.
              Now the next step is crucial....One must wait a year or more and then decide that...... Oh Look a Butterfly! I must catch the Butterfly as it is much prettier than the unicorn I found last year.... Wait there is a shiny thing over there..... what Butterfly?.......Don't I look cool after spending 40,000 bucks on a harley?......I cant wait tilll the payments are done so I can cut and chop it till it makes it look like every other harley on the road.......Must remember to buy every harley t-shirt and farkle available to make sure I am the coolest dude ever!!!!!!!!!!
              Now I need room in my garage for my new found (and very expensive) love, so I better suck it up and try to sell the old XS for 600 times it's worth.
              Maybe it is just me but I can spot one of these fellows after a very few posts. They come they ask questions that they do not want answered and they leave. The only thing this benefits the site is that we show way more members than we have.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

"low balling" should work both ways......imho
                Mark
                1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
                1992 Ducati 907ie
                2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

+1

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                  This is why so many of us get upset over these morons who can not see a job through. Just grab a sawzall and cut crap off. Then bolt on some cool looking stuff that does not fit right.
                  Now the next step is crucial....One must wait a year or more and then decide that...... Oh Look a Butterfly! I must catch the Butterfly as it is much prettier than the unicorn I found last year.... Wait there is a shiny thing over there..... what Butterfly?.......Don't I look cool after spending 40,000 bucks on a harley?......I cant wait tilll the payments are done so I can cut and chop it till it makes it look like every other harley on the road.......Must remember to buy every harley t-shirt and farkle available to make sure I am the coolest dude ever!!!!!!!!!!
                  Now I need room in my garage for my new found (and very expensive) love, so I better suck it up and try to sell the old XS for 600 times it's worth.
                  Maybe it is just me but I can spot one of these fellows after a very few posts. They come they ask questions that they do not want answered and they leave. The only thing this benefits the site is that we show way more members than we have.
                  HERE! HERE! Could not have said it any better Doug. How often has this happened? Too often. Just visited a very nice XS1100 collection recently. All of them were very STOCK. I was in "hawg" - scratch that - XS11 HEAVEN.
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer
                  K&N Air Filter
                  ACCT
                  Custom Paint by Deitz
                  Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                  Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                  Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                  Stebel Nautilus Horn
                  EBC Front Rotors
                  Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Wanna hear a funny story?

Bear with me, this story is related to the bobber chopped up syndrome, tangentially and you'll see it.

I'm single so on occasion I will go out on dates with members of the opposite sex because that's just the way I roll. On one such meeting with a sort of interesting lady the discussion turned to bikes where she mentioned she rode. When pressed she said she was a 'new' rider and had gone to the Harley Shop with friends and ended up walking out with a new bike.

She related how she went to their riding school with 4 others and while two failed she had passed. I asked if she rode much with her friends that owned Harley's seeing as she was a new rider. She said that she had been out riding with them twice since buying the bike in September, of last year. (date was in early June) Time or 'to cold' was her reason but get this. She said she had not one Harley but two... She had wandered back into the Harley shop for togs or something, saw a "Pretty blue full dresser" and liked it so much she bought it and had them bring it to her house where they parked it in her garage for her.

She has not ridden the bike yet but has managed to have a co-workers husband drop it when he came over at her request to move it over to make room in her garage because she couldn't move it by herself. Co-worker was mortified although she said it only scuffed the fairing.

Yeah, you read that right. PT Barnum was right and she is living proof.

The ONLY reason she had bought the second bike was that it "Was such a pretty metalflake blue color.".

No, I walked away at the end of the date, got in my car and drove back home.
                    SHE texted me later and said she didn't think we were compatible... no s**t.
                    BTW, she's making payments on both.

I'm pretty sure my comment that I didn't like Harley's because they were huge, loud and slow probably doomed that relationship and the obvious reason is that she had two of them, for what reason only God only knows.

I may be crazy but even I have my limits.
                    79 SF & 80 LG MNS
                    73 & 74 RD 350's
                    73 Honda CL 450
                    Graveyard - '81 XS850 Special

All of my bikes are projects, maybe one day I'll have them running.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmac View Post
                      Bear with me, this story is related to the bobber chopped up syndrome, tangentially and you'll see it.

I'm single so on occasion I will go out on dates with members of the opposite sex because that's just the way I roll. On one such meeting with a sort of interesting lady the discussion turned to bikes where she mentioned she rode. When pressed she said she was a 'new' rider and had gone to the Harley Shop with friends and ended up walking out with a new bike.

She related how she went to their riding school with 4 others and while two failed she had passed. I asked if she rode much with her friends that owned Harley's seeing as she was a new rider. She said that she had been out riding with them twice since buying the bike in September, of last year. (date was in early June) Time or 'to cold' was her reason but get this. She said she had not one Harley but two... She had wandered back into the Harley shop for togs or something, saw a "Pretty blue full dresser" and liked it so much she bought it and had them bring it to her house where they parked it in her garage for her.

She has not ridden the bike yet but has managed to have a co-workers husband drop it when he came over at her request to move it over to make room in her garage because she couldn't move it by herself. Co-worker was mortified although she said it only scuffed the fairing.

Yeah, you read that right. PT Barnum was right and she is living proof.

The ONLY reason she had bought the second bike was that it "Was such a pretty metalflake blue color.".

No, I walked away at the end of the date, got in my car and drove back home.
                      SHE texted me later and said she didn't think we were compatible... no s**t.
                      BTW, she's making payments on both.

I'm pretty sure my comment that I didn't like Harley's because they were huge, loud and slow probably doomed that relationship and the obvious reason is that she had two of them, for what reason only God only knows.

I may be crazy but even I have my limits.

Hilarious! ROTFLMAO!!

I can relate to this situation, myself... (divorced 7 years ago...)

What is the old saying? "A man's gotta know his limitations."
                      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0
                        Marco

Current bikes:
                        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                        1979 Honda CBX
                        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Hahahaha!!!

Perfect, Marco! Well played, Sir!
                          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                          X