X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gratitude...

Hello,
    I wanted to take a moment...and give a 'BIG THANKS'
    To everyone who aided in the search for a XS 1100 for my buddy, Jim.
    We got responses from EVERYWHERE (and I DO mean everywhere!)
    From Arizona to Alaska (even CANADA!) the offers came in...and we 'looked at a buncha' bikes.
    And I want to take this opportunity to personally THANK all those who aided in this endeavor.
    THANK YOU, ALL
    If any of you knew my buddy Jim...he can and does find flaws in "New Car paint" and that is ONLY because he CAN do a 'better job' his abilities in detail, and presentation are outta' this world!

He-n-I race Formula-E Hydro's and his boats, motors AND equipment are ALWAYS the 'cleanest' on the beach.
    So you can well imagine the look on his face when I showed him a 24yr. old motorcycle
    That had come from OHIO
    And I had already torn off everything but the motor & front end and 'detailed & painted' what I could.
    In fact I did (in three days) more to that bike, than most people do in 20yrs!!!
    He took one look at that 'old' motorcycle, and nearly fainted!
    Needless to say...he 'passed on it !!!!
    The little 'nit-pickin' Basta**
    So then I took him (vitrually) to Merriam...then I 'cruised' him down ebay way...and showed him the price of those 'old motorcycles'
    Then Saturday, I left him here while Mo-n-I ran to Whidbey Island and grabbed Johnnys' old "Black Magic"
    While we were gone...something "magical happened" (don't know what ) but when we got back...he could hear the bikes comin'...so he ran outside to 'see it' (the new one) and I think (yea, sometimes) that when he saw ALL 5 siitting together
    Like the Grinch...his heart grew...and he said "how much did you say you wanted for this one?"
    I shoulda' raised the price...
    But NOW finally....We 'got' him!!!!
    And guys...I AIN'T kidding....this guy IS GOOD...one of the best paint-n-polish-n-detail guys YOU WILL EVER MEET!!!
    And I think he's gonna get X-SESSIVE (when he pays me my money)
    So it seeems that "another hungry mouth" is about to get adopted!!!
    But I will still take a 'family photo' of ALL 5 B4 I deliver it to ABERDEEN, Wa.
    Thanks Everybody!!!

"Tell me people, am I going insane"
    (OZZY OSBOURNE cir-1974)
    MO-N-STEVE
    '79 SF "MO's Missile"
    '79 SF "That Old Black Magic"
    '79 SF "the Tomato Can"
    '80 SG "The BEAST"
    '80 XS850-SG "STILETTO"
    '81 SH "The NEW KID"
    '76 CB 750 K5 "The Orphan"
Working...