Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much Bob.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

The real question though.. Does this FJ dump gas all over your balls if the tank bag isn't on?

"Sure, Tod.. take a ride on my FJ" *Giggle giggle, snicker..
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I just died laughing reading this!!
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

If you didn't have to ride it on one wheel Tod, you would have been just fine. And who knows, I probably did you a favor, killed all those little critters you had running around down there.
          Harry

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

ROTFL.......
            Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny stuff!
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

This puts me in mind of a question I've always had about multiple bikes. The guys I know with more than one working bike tend to turn all of them into the same bike...sporty, or cruiser, or bobber, or two-wheeled sofa. It seems more useful to have a sporty and a cruiser and a slab-eater and not try to have an all in one. Fairing/hardbag bikes are not the best canyon carvers, and a long slab trip is a killer on a crotch rocket. Do most of you have three different bikes, or three versions of the same one?
              "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

I would say that is one thing that makes the XS such an awesome bike. It does it all relatively well. It is certainly fast enough, nimble enough in the corners, you can load it up for a week long camping trip. My FJ is much faster and handles a little bit better, but.. it isn't as versatile as the XS.
                Harry

'79 Standard
                '82 XJ1100
                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
                  This puts me in mind of a question I've always had about multiple bikes. The guys I know with more than one working bike tend to turn all of them into the same bike...sporty, or cruiser, or bobber, or two-wheeled sofa. It seems more useful to have a sporty and a cruiser and a slab-eater and not try to have an all in one. Fairing/hardbag bikes are not the best canyon carvers, and a long slab trip is a killer on a crotch rocket. Do most of you have three different bikes, or three versions of the same one?
                  As quoted by most all bike mags in past yrs. "does it ALL well"= Honda ST1100............you asked.

As stated, the XS doesn't do poorly, considering the engineering design at the time. Goes FAST in a hurry, TURNS and STOPS..........just no two at once.
                  Last edited by motoman; 05-08-2015, 10:03 PM.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
                    I made mine sporty enough to be a show-stopper. I have a few modern bikes, and the next oldest are '86 Seca Turbos. So, I enjoy the attention mine gets, and the lower torque it puts out versus the 14k redline of the other modern bikes.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
                    X