Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" 1979 XS11 Std.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/4981702837.html

This is a new old bike with 400 original miles on it.

1979 XS1100F in all original excellent condition as it came from Anaheim Motorcycles in 1978. It was stored indoors all this time off it's tires.

The bike was first purchased in the fall of 1978 but it was only registered for 3 years up to 1981 (shown on the sticker on the original license plate).

I currently have an up to date clear California title with a 2015 sticker (I also have the original 1978-1981 registration records available).

When I bought the bike it had the original tires still in new condition (available) but I replaced them with the OEM Bridgstone brand to stay as authentic as possible for safety reasons. I also have the original inner tubes that amazingly still look new and are soft.

The carburetors were professionally cleaned and refurbished. They were disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, all required jets replaced and everything was adjusted to factory specs. The petcocks were rebuilt and one was replaced with a NOS part. The motor and transfer case oil was changed and drive shaft greased. The engine runs as it should considering it's basically a brand new machine.

The tailpipes and mufflers are in excellent condition, and sounds beautiful. The engine purrs at cruising speeds, but when the throttle is pulled it growls and accelerates with no hesitation. All bolts and nuts are like new. The new battery fires up the bike instantly and it idles perfectly.

Riding this classic bike is an amazing experience. The XS11 has a stock 95 HP engine which makes it as fast as a modern motorcycle. The "Eleven" in the name not only stand for the displacement but also the quarter mile time (which is sub 12 seconds) achieved easily.

The bike comes with the original owners manual, toolkit, and emergency kick starter.

Asking $8,900.00
    For more info call, text or email 858-5oo-6826

Bike looks great! Rotor has a lot of wear on it for almost 400 miles.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Question

CMIIW, but isn't this the same bike posted in the Members Lounge by 3Ddesignsxs11 nearly a month ago?

Beautiful bike, by the way!
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too Marco...something smells funny...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
        X