It pays to clean the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to clean the garage

This past weekend I decided to clean half the garage so that my wife could get her X5 parked in there. found that I had a lot of junk accumulated over the last few years. I have three XJ1100's parked on one side in various stages of being built. I have all the parts except one set of mufflers, I have the headers and have been scouring EBay for a set. As I was getting down to the last few buckets and boxes (most of which were empty) I came across two sets of carbs for the XS1100 and a set of mufflers for the XJ! It was like Christmas (except I got something I wanted with out knowing I was getting it ). I even found multiple other parts that I had bought but misplaced. Like new handlebar grips and extra ACCT.

I think i need to come up with a system to store my parts better and do a better job of keeping it clean!
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Dang, dang. When you forget you have that many parts, you know you're a hoarder, lol.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

My wife says I need help! After I get the three XJ's running, I am limited to one project at a time. I'm going to go int withdrawals.
      Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
      80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
      82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
      82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
      82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
      72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
      72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

HEAR YOU, I'M THERE 2. Any body want anything I've got let me know !
        414 333 3899 Milwaukee, Wi. leave message if I can't answer ! Please.
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

wow y'all got XSive-itis...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

No cars have been able to park in my 2-car garage in over a year. I know how it is to find parts that you don't remember you bought. It goes the same way with tools. I don't mind having duplicates of either, though

Currently my biggest problem is locating tools I need. I don't have good tool storage, so tools tend to just stay where I last used them, or get tossed in a bucket. It just hasn't been a priority for me to spend the kind of cash it takes to buy decent tool storage. Hopefully I can find something second-hand this summer and get working on getting organized.

With my last rescue of an '81 SH with my wife's blessing, she is starting to get cold feet over acquiring new projects. To my benefit she has trouble saying no at the prospect of saving sad, neglected and sometimes abused bikes.
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Every time I go look for something I think or know I have I find something I forgot or didn't know I had........

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Every time I go look for something I think or know I have I find something I forgot or didn't know I had........

As long as you keep an open path to that cooler, your golden.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  As long as you keep an open path to that cooler, your golden.
                  Deja vu. Wasn't that same picture posted with the same comment in another thread?
                  Website/Blog

Comment

It's a stock photo...........
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Here's an older one (different bikes) Before the fridge.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

It's a stock photo...........
                        Yup.......looks to be an OEM man-cave to me.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Here's an older one (different bikes) Before the fridge.
                          Definitely feels like something's missing....
                          Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X