Bad one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad one.

A sad reminder why we need to never let our guards down and be on top of all situations.
    Stay safe out there.

13 motorcycles involved in major crash with truck

COMANCHE, Okla. - One motorcycle driver is dead after 13 motorcycles were involved in a major crash on Highway 81 this afternoon.

Troopers say the bikers were headed south towards Comanche going around a curve on the highway when a pickup truck headed north crossed the center line, striking

five motorcycles. All 13 motorcyclists were members of the Moose Riders of the Duncan Moose Lodge.

Moose Lodge Administrator Rick King says just 10 minutes before the accident the Moose Riders were at the lodge about to leave for Waurika.

"Just before this happened they were here gathering up out in the parking lot. Laughing and having a good time and ready to go to the snake hunt," said King.

Trooper Nathan Mackey says when the truck went left of center here on Highway 81 that's when it all went tragically wrong.

"This is the first one I have had with this many motorcycles involved. It is pretty tragic. I have had a lot of them with one or two motorcycles to have 13 involved and five of which hit that is the most I have ever had at one time," said Trooper Mackey.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol confirmed Monty Howell was pronounced dead at the scene.

5 people were flown to OU Medical Center here is what hospital officials has confirmed as of 11:00 pm.

Randy Nowlin, Rose Brown, and Davina Wyer-Buchanan are in serious condition. Beverly Nowlin is in fair condition. Randall Page is in critical condition.

According to troopers it is still unclear why the driver went left of center hitting the motorcycles.

"At this time I really don't know why. That will come out in the investigation. We don't know if the phone played into it. We don't know if he was sleepy. We don't know if he's been drinking. We don't know any of that at this point," said Trooper Mackey.

The Duncan Moose Lodge has had the moose riders group since 2007 and King says they are constantly looking out for the community.

"It's a group of people that care a lot about what is going on and they always want to help and we are very happy that the community is calling and saying what can we do," said King.

The Duncan Moose Lodge, the family fraternity are now pulling together after such a tragic accident.
    81 H
Working...
X