Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last man standing please turn out the lights.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I did register and join it to see what it was like. I did not like it. I can not remember the last time I visited the site, but I bet Greg could tell me, and I know it has not been for years now.
      I did not like how the site came about nor the attitude of the founding members.
      That said, I used to give Greg and others a hard time about posting .org crap here. I no longer care! The knowledge and history of this site will always be superior to any that started up afterwards.
      Most if not all of the moderators there, learned their most of ****e here and have taken it elsewhere.. Good on them that they have a site! Just one more place for us to get info we want and need.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Most of the nay sayers for .org registered just to say how they disliked it. Feel the love?

That's ok, any opinion is welcome there about pretty much anything.

At least with no new members here we aren't answering the same questions over and over again. Can't say I miss that.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well, I have a filthy mouth, and don't mind the .org site in the least. Only reason I'm not over there much is this site gets priority, then the Triples site, then the GS site, then the CB SOHC site, then the CBR, GSXR, Ford Taurus, etc., lol.

Plus, I enjoy this site as being the very first forum I've ever joined (not counting bulletin boards).
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Never joined, never will... something about them "pissin on da Kat" as a part of a birthday post. Lots of knowledge but not a lot of loyalty.
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Carp! I DID join one of the incarnations when I finally got tired of the crap being posted about me. Oh well... we all make mistakes.
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

wow ...lots of tender spots still...wasnt my intention to drudge up all that crap...but I guess it comes with the territory...we're all in a better place now...hindsight is always 20/20...next time .org dissappears I'll just PM people
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  wow ...lots of tender spots still...wasnt my intention to drudge up all that crap...but I guess it comes with the territory...we're all in a better place now...hindsight is always 20/20...next time .org dissappears I'll just PM people
                  Yeah well... my Mom had just died when you decided to get pissy about your birthday post.

PM might be better
                  81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                    Yeah well... my Mom had just died when you decided to get pissy about your birthday post.

PM might be better
                    Well Kat I never knew that...I was wrong and I do apologise for my lack of discretion...So from here on I'm done with this "dark" history...I could have just PM'd you to apologise but one thing you do know about me is that when I am wrong I do own up to it.... this thread is going in the waste basket....
                    Last edited by madmax-im; 04-17-2015, 06:41 AM.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Well Kat I never knew that...I was wrong and I do apologise for my lack of discretion...So from here on I'm done with this "dark" history...I could have just PM'd you to apologise but one thing you do know about me is that when I am wrong I do own up to it.... this thread is going in the waste basket....
                      Wow, that makes up for months of humiliation on public forums.

Oh yeah, you own up to it... 5 years after the fact.

Oops... I guess I do harbor a bit of a grudge against a few of you still
                      My bad
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

thats not healthy Kat, but thats where you're at...good luck...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

thats not healthy Kat, but thats where you're at...good luck...
                            lol
                            Yeah, I'll take that into consideration

Have a good day anyway, Ben
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Thread closed at request of originator.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...