Electrical gurus needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical gurus needed!!!

I have a lg tv and i am looking for a new main board for it. I was wondering if someone on here knows of a good supplier for parts. The model # is 42cs570-ud and the svc # is 42c8570-ud.accyljr
    '79 XS11SF

What brand? Do you know what is wrong with the main board? IF it's NOT a flat screen, you are probably out of luck. Here in California even when you take an old tube type TV to the recycle place, they scrap it, and refurb the flatscreens to re-sell.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey Ray,

Put your glasses on , he said it was an LG brand. I looked it up, first on their website, and it's ALREADY a discontinued item...from 2012. I then did searches for parts, found #'s for the main board, and several of the parts places I found listed the part as NO LONGER AVAILABLE....so it looks like he's a victim of planned obsolescence by LG! The prices I found ranged from ~$85.00 to $215.00 or so. I hate to say it, but the labor cost for a real electronics repair person to troubleshoot it is probably also cost prohibitive.

SO...Trdriver, hate to say it, but looks like you'll need to scrap it, and get a new one...perhaps a better BRAND with better quality!?!? Good Luck.

Just an FYI, here's the stuff I found regarding MAIN BOARD #'s and such just in case you want to keep trying to search.

LG EBT61922704 (EAX64290501(0)) Main Board for 42CS570-UD

Board number(s) EAX64290501(0), EBR74404703
      This link just shows the search results for that Main Board and that it's No Longer Available!

https://www.partstore.com/SearchResu...p=PMN&x=28&y=9
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

are you sure its the board? Have you looked through to see if you just have a popped cap? What does it do when you try to use it?
        79F with two parts bikes (78E and a 79F). Ran it for the first season all the way through the summer. more work to do this Spring!

Comment

Any flatscreen TV is basically unrepairable according to the electronics guy I use once in a while. There's not that many components in them that are worth replacing; most will total near the cost of the original set, it's simply not cost-effective to fix them which is why parts dry up as soon as that model is out of warranty. And always use a quality surge/spike protector to power them.

He did say that if you're thinking about a large flatscreen, think 'S'... as in Sony, Sharp, or Samsung.... He sees fewer warranty returns on those.
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
            it's simply not cost-effective to fix them which is why parts dry up as soon as that model is out of warranty. And always use a quality surge/spike protector to power them.
            Parts dont dry up, they just make them hard to get in places where they dont have too supply them.

We have a law here called the 'Consumers Guarantee Act' which, in part, basically says that the seller of a product is obligated to ensure that the product can be serviced/repaired, at a reasonable cost, for a reasonable time (vaires according to product, but average is 5 years) after date of sale. If they cant repair then they are required to replace the product at a cost no more than the repair would have cost, should they've been able to fix it. In saying that, most electronic stuff sold here has a minimum 5 year warranty anyway.

Sounds heavy handed, but it was introduced to stop cheap chinese crap being dumped on our shores by fly by night importers, which was a huge problem here a few years back. And it worked, mostly.

You may not be able to get your part in the US but i bet a bottom dollar that it could be got with relative ease in Japan, or here.
            Last edited by b.walker5; 04-11-2015, 07:17 PM.
            1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
            2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

main board

OK first of the first question I ask is who diagnosed the problem ? Are you sure you need a main board ? Many issues with LG's are solved by replacing the eprom. Please let me know what type of problem you are having and I'll try to help you out. This is what I do for a living. Thanks Terry
              1980 special (Phyllis)
              1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

sorry i haven't posted on this for a while but i had other pressing matters in my life so this took a back seat. any ways the tv was turning itself on and off while trying to watch it i did some research and came up that the main board was gone. the tv isn't even 2 years old bought it at best buy. i do have a surge protector on the set.
                '79 XS11SF

Comment

need the part # off the board for this one but should be available @ shop jimmy.com
                  1980 special (Phyllis)
                  1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Working...
                  X