X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found an XJ 650 Maxim!

I’m back from Stanford Hospital.
    Everyone assures me that I’ll feel like a new man when I am healed
    When I walked in the front door I was greeted by a college aged young man who said excitedly, “I just bought a 82 XJ 650 off of Craig’s List!”
    “No bleep!” I responded indelicately, “ that’s the exact bike I’m looking to trade for!” Turns out that that was exactly why he bought it, because we had discussed the subject before my operation, and I didn’t realize that he had eyes for bike for months.
    Both bike have issues, but different ones. I told him that I probably wouldn’t be able to deal with it for a couple of months, until I heal. He is a newby, and I am concerned about turning a new rider onto a hopped up XS11 Special. I told him to go ahead and learn on and enjoy the Maxim. In a couple of months we should both be ready for the swap.,
    Special Ed
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Thats Ed...Hope you heal up good and proper and you get back out there riding down the road with the wind in your face... oh we need pics too...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That is awesome Ed!!
      Continued positives

81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

That's wonderful, Ed!

Take all the time you need to heal ... the XJ will still be there when you're ready ...

Praying for you ...
        Marco

Current bikes:
        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
        1979 Honda CBX
        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Hi Ed,
          Get well soon. Nice o know thw planets are aligning for your future ride.
          The XJ650 is a nice transition in both directions.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Welcome back and Happy Easter, Ed!

An '82 650 Maxim -- that right there's a homecoming present!

You know, I was just thinking back to the summer of 2008 when I first met y'all so I looked through the pictures from that epic XS1100 Yosemite Rally:-

The new Ducy's at Bass Lake, California

The Midcoast Rallies after the fallout from Mariposa have been more fun but that June was something to remember!

-- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
            X