Just an Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an Update

Well, the progress is slow, but gradual. Changed the oil, new shocks mounted, valve lash checked (of course it needs shims I don't have), etc.

Problem I found with the new rotor/caliper mount (and one I believe Tom B. mentioned), is that the speedo hub is too close to the rotor to get the speedo cable threaded in. So, the dreaded alternative is to invest in a digital speedo. I really do not want to pursue this, do to the irritating experience of figuring-out what wire needs to go to what wire. Grr . . .
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Might want to try a speedo hub and cable from a Special. It doesn't have that cable nut that may be causing your clearance issue. The Special also uses low profile rotor bolts. JAT
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
    X