Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Motorcycle Show Toronto

Hi All,
    While technically in Mississauga I figured most would not have a clue where that is
    Look for the Saturday night discount coupon with a whopping $3 off
    after 5 pm ( $3 off the old $12 entry fee was quite a saving)
    http://www.motorcyclesupershow.ca/
    The one beside the airport which is also in Mississauga

We do this every year in varying degrees.
    I know Rick and Cat will be there. Anyone else going ?

I think the company changed hands and the entry fee has risen to $20...which lets this Cheap Bastard off the hook
    If you have never been: Lots to see and some bargains to be had on helmets and riding stuff...if you have never heard of the internet.
    Hang out in crowds of like minded people in the dead of winter

FOR THOSE LIKE ME who only go to meet up with other XSives lets set a time and place to meet for lunch or drinks and or dinner on Saturday.

THIS will be the 1st SOXS gathering for 2015. ( I love stating the obvious)

Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Ah Another SOXS gathering met with a deafening SILENCE.
    That's alright it is not until Next Year anyway. 2, 3 ,4 January 2015
    Phil
    Last edited by MaximPhil; 12-28-2014, 05:08 PM.
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

I checked out the web site, looks like a fun event. Are you planning on going Saturday Phil? I could be persuaded to come up for the day and hang with some XSives. Let me know if you are serious about attending and what the plan will be. It would take our minds off the fact that it's going to be below freezing around these parts for the next several days.
      Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
        I checked out the web site, looks like a fun event. Are you planning on going Saturday Phil? I could be persuaded to come up for the day and hang with some XSives. Let me know if you are serious about attending and what the plan will be. It would take our minds off the fact that it's going to be below freezing around these parts for the next several days.
        hi Billy,
        As posted I am serious about a get together in the vicinity of the show for Lunch or even a late breakfast Drinks and or Dinner after is also a possibility. I have another commitment in the afternoon to juggle around and having seen the show many times was not planning to attend the actual show. As shows go it is quite good but I object to the price of $20
        Phil
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Who is planning to attend?
          I may not be able to make the Lunch time but should still be good for late afternoon and evening get together.

Phil
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hey Phil - Have you rounded up anyone that wants to meet on Sat? I tried to get a couple of buddies to go but they can't make it this weekend. Still considering it as long as the weather looks ok. It's about 3 hours for me so if I come up I'd want to leave Toronto by 6 or so to get back at a decent hour. Let me know if there are any plans in the works...thanks.
            Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
              Hey Phil - Have you rounded up anyone that wants to meet on Sat? I tried to get a couple of buddies to go but they can't make it this weekend. Still considering it as long as the weather looks ok. It's about 3 hours for me so if I come up I'd want to leave Toronto by 6 or so to get back at a decent hour. Let me know if there are any plans in the works...thanks.
              Hi Billy,
              No one else so far. i will not know my actual timing until mid morning Saturday. The show typically takes 2 to 3 hours to see although one can stay longer ofcourse. There is an excellent Vintage bike display and a hall of custom choppers as well as all the vendors and such.
              I'll PM you my phone number.
              Phil
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

MC show

Hi Phil, Billy. Crappy time for me. I've been really sick lately, bed ridden most of Dec. Been through the medical mill and looks like I may have contracted TB sometime last year. Long story but I'm not in any hurry to pass it along to anyone. Pissed off because I wanterd to pick up one of those telemetry helmets like the apache longbow pilots have. Saw and advert for them and loved the whole thing. But alass, life is dealing me a 2, 7 hole shot so I'm sorry I must bow out this year. Phil have you talked to Wayne lately. I haven't been well, but i'm worried about him.
                Billy send me those carbs in the new year, I'll drill out the keepers and set the idles for you properly by using my LH. Don't put any more miles on it as lean as it was!
                mack
                79 XS 1100 SF Special
                HERMES
                original owner
                http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                SPICA
                http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                IOTA
                https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                Frankford, Ont, Canada
                613-398-6186

Comment

Working...
                X