I have returned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have returned!

After riding Excelsior every day while I was selling my jeep, kinda killed the novelty of riding......

Well, I sold my jeep and bought a Subaru Forester, which I LOVEEEEEE.

Been working on the car, changing axles, fixing the AC...etc...and finally the weather isnt stupid hot outside and I can ride again.

Rode to work, the beast LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS.

So much fun.
    79F
    "Excelsior"
    Honda gl1100 handlebar
    Vetter IV fairing with speaker system
    OE headers,Jardine slipons
    Hid headlight 6000k
    Stock jets
    Shinko 712 F & R
    Oe hardbags and luggage rack
    TC fuse block
    K&n filter with oe airbox
    Raptor 660 Acct

Welcome back, Kyle!
    Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Kinda funny that this is the time of year when most people (here in N. America) are packing their bikes away for the winter! It was 32ºF on the parking lot thermometer when I rode in this morning.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Nice... I love winter riding...did it in NJ every year as long as the roads were clean... Pretty much the same thing here in NC now...
        Welcome back Sparkfly...
        Last edited by madmax-im; 11-06-2014, 01:05 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It gets cool in Fresno in the winter, but that is easier to deal with than the triple digits of summer. Thicker gloves, a padded, armored jacket, full helmet...all are easier to use than trying to stay safe during summer, although I ride year round.
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

still riding

here in Mississippi. Temperatures still in the 70s in the daytime. Still OK at night too with some added clothing.
            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              Kinda funny that this is the time of year when most people (here in N. America) are packing their bikes away for the winter! It was 32ºF on the parking lot thermometer when I rode in this morning.
              Well C-bug it is supposed to hit -25 here on night of the 10th and have a high of -11 for remembrance day. It is an unusual low but normally snow stays on the ground at this time of year. So you enjoy the fact that you can still ride even if it is cold. I certainly wish I could as I have been to busy to ride. The one nice thing is that the cold slows down work so I can do more in the garage.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
              X