Yamaha fjr 1300 (2003)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf

There were time Wolf, the stories I could tell. Like Doug Mitchell, I too started bikin 47 years ago and in my younger years at times was not the most say, responsible rider.....now I'm likely to drunk-up around a campfire and fall face first into someones bushes for the night! One too many rumbies...
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Originally posted by desert1 View Post
      ....its a stock wine color.....heres an oddity though, in the last three years my younger and older brothers both took up biking.....the younger Bro bought a wine colored 06 Goldwing! The older Bro bought a 1983 Kawi voyager and its wine as well...and mine is wine as well.....Bunch of wine"os
      Bruce
      Bruce,

Sounds like buying your ST was meant to be!!
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Congratualtions Bruce ...as a former ST owner... I know you have an awesome platform for Sport Touring...They are not exceptional in any one area but do everything really well and represent one of the best all around Sport Tour bikes out there....No doubt you'll get many miles and many smiles...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

1..you sound like you know how to have funI usually just fall asleep in my chair and hope I don't burn my boots next to the fire.
          So how is the FJR on lets say long stretches of interstate for a few days at a time.How is the rain protection? Do you think being 6'2 might be a problem and they look a little top heavy to me but I have never ridden one.
          I'm just wondering
          '80 XS1100 SG
          Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
            So how is the FJR on lets say long stretches of interstate for a few days at a time.How is the rain protection? Do you think being 6'2 might be a problem and they look a little top heavy to me but I have never ridden one.
            I'm just wondering
            If you fit on it comfortably, get a Gold Wing. With a 36" inseam, I find it cramped. If not for that it would top my short list. They go like stink!

Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Marty...Most of my riding now days are short 150-200 mile runs.A Wing which is the king of the road I think would be too short for that trip to the pony keg to get that six pack of beer. Trust me,I have been thinking about this for a couple of years,evaluating my style of riding and my needs and wants...the 11 is perfect but mine needs a lot of work and I am not able to do it.
              I will not sell the 11 but...just have a lot of time to think which is a bad thing.
              '80 XS1100 SG
              Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Originally posted by desert1 View Post
                Well since the FJR owner came down as low as he would in price and I would'nt go higher....I bought a 2005 Honda ST1300 instead with 63000kms on it for $5700. plus tax....its simply showroom condition; imaculate!! and a test ride was the klincher for me, smooth and quiet with a lot of torque at the start....just a strong easy-handling bike.....test ride one if you get the chance.

Research shows these bikes have durablity as well, like the FJR...if all goes well it will be at XSEast 2015.
                Bruce Doucette
                xs1100 1978
                ....ST1100.......been test riding for ten+ yrs. With 300,000mi. durability,it definitely will outlast my time in the saddle.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                X