Looking for pictures of Viper's "Thor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pictures of Viper's "Thor"

I couldn't find them in the search. Does anyone know of any pictures available of this bike? TIA

81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Hey Kat,

Check your EMAIL, I sent you the 4 that I saw posted a while/years ago and saved. Regrettably it doesn't show the chain drive area very well except that you can tell that the sprocket is mounted onto the OUTSIDE of the middle drive unit, because the chain is OUTSIDE the frame/swingarm for the extra wide tire he put on it!!

Sorry, folks, I don't have them in my photobucket...but I guess I could put them there?

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey again Kat,

I found his old thread, 2005, both web sites he had the photos in/linked from are GONE! There were some others besides the ones I grabbed, but I don't know if anybody else has them. Here are the ones for the fans.

BTW, folks, this was an XS11 that had special cylinders made to accomodate pumping it up to 1500ccs, a car drag rear tire, I think it had turbo...reportedly 300 rbhp to the wheel!? Can't tell you much more, the guy was a machinist and allegedly put some 10 years of work into it. Enjoy!
      T.C.

T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks TC
        It wasn't the chain drive area that I was interested in anyway.
        I'm actually looking for pictures of the completed bike.

I know Viper hasn't been around in years and I think he sold Thor.
        Was just hoping someone might know of some pics.

Thank you again.
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Working...
        X