The Gadgetman Groove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gadgetman Groove

Has anyone on the site performed this mod on a vehicle throttle body? (Gadgetmangroove.com). This is a specifically shaped groove cut into the inner circumference of a throttle body just below the butterfly that supposedly greatly increases mileage and decreases emissions. The developer claims fuel vaporization instead of atomization. I can't get more than 12 mpg hwy out of my '91 Chev 1500 5.7 PU and am considering having this done.
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Lol, 12 is about right for that TBI engine. Don't complain, just throw it in 1, and stomp the gas and smile.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Sounds like bunk to me. If you really want to get better mileage go to the ecomodder forum. www.ecomodder.com Helpful community with hundreds of proven tips to increase mileage. You can probably find out if anyone has tested that mod there.
      Living to EXcess.
      1978 XS1100E Canadian, Cartridge emulators, NOS heavy duty fork springs,
      Showa rear shocks, ACCT, Jardine 4-2 spaghetti pipes.
      1979 XS1100F Canadian, stock exhaust. Top end rebuild in progress.

Comment

Working...
      X