Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman breaks speed record for sidecar motorcycle

Hi,
    I just ran across this and thought you might enjoy reading it.
    It's an electric too.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...214854964.html
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Thats all great but can she fry a steak?
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Nice! It always looks so much slower than it is on the salt.
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

I don't know what to feel about electrics, to be honest. They're introducing electric Formula 1 type racing here.

I had a Vectrix electric scooter that did 65mph and was pretty fast! Amazing around town, although power points are rare here still. Quiet, reasonably fast, quite a head turner because of the turbine-like sound it made and quietness when running. Cheap to run, no road tax etc etc....but........

Kinda boring. I haven't succeeded in working it out in my own psyche completely but have realised that I like exhaust noise, vibration, sitting on a machine that feels alive and spirited. The smell of gas and oil. Changing gears and using a clutch. The Vectrix, even at 65mph, was disconcertingly quiet and sort of soul-less. Yep, better for the environment etc but it was just transport, as opposed to something done for pleasure and excitement. I heard a soundtrack of the F1 electric racing and it just isn't the same without the screaming engines and smoke...and pollution....

No doubt people felt the same after steam trains were placed by diesel electrics and then electrics.

Nice looking woman though. Hope she doesn't get wiped out..it would be a hell of a waste.
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
          I don't know what to feel about electrics, to be honest.
          I'm with you, James. Just something about being loud and those fossil aromas that will probably draw me to gas/alcohol/nitro burning machines.

Having said that, the electrics do interest my technical side.
          Mike Giroir
          79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Originally posted by TADracer View Post
            Nice! It always looks so much slower than it is on the salt.
            Being so white, it's kind of hard to see clearly, but watching those markers on the side start zipping by... I get a rush every time I've watched it. Still looks like she's haulin' (Donkey) to me!
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Land Speed records are divided into so many classes. I do enjoy reading about women who engage in speed sport activities.
              One day I will make it to Bonneville for Speed week.
              If electric is "green" how about wind? It's free...after the multi hundreds of thousands of $$$ to build the craft.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLFQ-1nGz0

126mph from a stick in the air Pity they do not tell us what the wind speed was.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
              X