He's not gonna turn..he's not gonna turn...he's turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not gonna turn..he's not gonna turn...he's turning

Just had some €#&%€hole turn right in front of me.
    Back wheel blocked and just looking at the car coming closer and closer...smack!!!
    The weird part is, his car has a massive dent in the right side, while the XS is totally unharmed. That has to prove the righteousness of God ;-)
    Gisle Vestergaard
    XS 1100 Sport

GOD

Hey Gisle That XS is a tough old bike . Puts up with cats and #@*^& holes on the road. Glad you are OK. Drive safe. bkr

Comment

Traffic Incidents!

In 76 I was touring Europe on a new Gold Wing. At one point coming into Dublin Ireland the highway went from 3 lanes to 2 lanes and finally 1 lane as we got closer into town. A guy in an old Bedford van really put the squeeze on me very aggressively and abruptly. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. He was just being a traffic bully. The next time the traffic stopped I let the bike roll into him with more than a bit of velocity/force. Figured the forks would simply soak up the impact on my bike and let the guy know I was unhappy. Well damn if the rear bumper doesn't fall off this old van. (tee hee) The guy is out of his van cursing and swearing away. (tee hee-inside my full face helmet)
      A transport truck driver who had been following and had seen the whole incident leaned out his window and started giving the Bedford driver s--t. As they argued I slipped it gear and left.
      Felt good.
      Ken/Sooke
      78E Ratbyk
      82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

Ahhhh....Poetic Justice. Gotta love it.

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay! I tell you these 11's are major-tough.
          In 1986 I hit a Ford Ranger head on but at a slight angle on my first 78 Standard Dresser. Wiped out the Yamaha/Vetter fairing, put a few scratches on the left saddlebag and bent about 4" on the end of the left exhaust. But it bent the frame on the truck bad enough to make it run "dog-legged" afterward. I was lucky too. Strained my back but no scratches at all. Afterward, I took off the bags and fairing mount, put the regular headlight and signals on and rode it for 3 more years.
          The best part was I had paid $1400.00 for it 2 years earlier and his insurance paid me $1388.00 for the damage!
          David

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay, man. I wish drivers would stop "watching for cars" and start watching for everything!
            '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Hes Gonna

Between cel phones, electric razors, eye shadow. and news papers a biker has to watch what these idots are doing BIG TIME. Ride Safe. bkr

Comment

Xs1100 Tank....

Yep...

I'm with you hear guys...they tend to soak up the impacts these old XS's.

At the expense of turning this into an old biker war stories thread I had a van turn right ahead of me on a major road (Uk story so remeber we drive on the left here) and went around the left of him......yep...he wasn't turning he was avoiding the two old lost guys in a car who had suddenly stopped dead to argue over the map.

I had nowhere to go with the van blocking my exit so tried to ride up a tall curb at the side of the road...ending up with me surfing on top of a semi-laid down bike, skidding sideways actually skating along the curb top on the frame rails...me climbing around the thing so I didn't get trapped under it as it tilted over. Only just nudged the old guys in their car and ended up laid down on the soft grass beside the bike... where they couldn't see me...... really funny to see the look on their faces as they got out to work out what the &^%$ had rocked their car.....

I swear the only damaged was a scratched up frame rail.....and my underwear
                XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                Guzzi 850
                Z1000

Comment

I have had more than a few close calls but most have been from the four legged kind,dogs and deer mostly.A place where I used to work at,you would cross a gap with very few houses and that is where you would have to watch out for deer.I would come up on them at night{worked 2nd shift}. I would dim my headlight so not to blind them and slow down as much as I could.I found out as long as you don`t spook them,they usually stay off the road.Lets be careful out there.
                  Bill Harvell

Comment

When I started riding, my dad sent me to see my uncle (a well seasoned rider) who told me:

"Ride like everyone on the road is blind and TRYING to kill you and the deck'll still be stacked against you, but at least you'll have a fighting chance."
                    I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
                    //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

He's Not Gonna

Hey buickyouth Your uncle (was- is) a very wise man,live by his wisdom . bkr

Comment

Working...
                      X