Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New garage monsters..

Garage is full again.

RockinD's barn find LG with full Vetter touring package.......

My LG I just acquired from Bigfoot.....

An 85 FJ1100 parts bike. Anyone wants or needs any FJ parts let me know.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

stocking up for the winter eh?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Cool, Greg!
      That's the same Vetter setup I had.

Did you get any of the plastics for the FJ?

Did you get enough parts between the 2 LG's to make one running bike?
      Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 08-18-2014, 07:35 AM.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Yeah, I haven't laid them out to see for sure but at glance it looks like the windshield is the only part missing.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I'm jealous of those bags. I'm finding myself looking more & more into Yamaha Ventures, Kawasaki Voyagers, etc.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

One thing that has me a bit confused. Both of those MNS's are 4H3 1980 LG's. Doc's bike has the swivel Weird Harold front brakes like a regular special and Harry's old bike has the solid mounted calipers like the standards which is what I thought ALL MNS's had.

Did some come with the swivel type or has this front end been changed?
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Wow, nice haul!
              ----
              '81 XS1100SH "Hound of Basketville" - new project
              '81 XS1100H Venturer
              '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                One thing that has me a bit confused. Both of those MNS's are 4H3 1980 LG's. Doc's bike has the swivel Weird Harold front brakes like a regular special and Harry's old bike has the solid mounted calipers like the standards which is what I thought ALL MNS's had.

Did some come with the swivel type or has this front end been changed?
                The 80 LG that I have has the swivel type... but who knows if it was changed out at one point.
                Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, the LG shares brakes with the SF, SG, and SH. The LH has its own brakes. The LG lacks the linked brakes.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Greg,
                    Are you sure both MNS's are G's?
                    I know you said they were, but maybe one's a late model or something, where they made the change...

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

I would expect to see swirly wheels with linked brakes.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        I'm jealous of those bags. I'm finding myself looking more & more into Yamaha Ventures, Kawasaki Voyagers, etc.
                        I had that same setup on my Maxim.
                        They're very good bags...lots of storage space.
                        They have a keyed locking mechanism that is supposed to allow you to take them on/off... Unfortanately, on mine, I never got that key...and it was different from the locks/keys to open the bags...
                        So mine stayed on all the time...
                        Until one day on a ride...my gf was on the back and suddenly began yelling "Stop! Stop! It's falling off!"

I couldn't see, or imagine what she was yelling about, but I pulled over...about 100' too late, and the left bag fell clear off the bike!
                        (Of course, cover side down on the pavement.)

I didn't think that was even possible, the way Craig Vetter designed them, but it is if they get worn enough and ya hit a big enough bump in the road!

I managed to sand out all the scratches, and repainted them to match.
                        Looked great, then fixed the mechanical problems with the bracket.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Ya know, I believe that's the first MNS I've ever seen with a full Vetter setup like that.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Hey Greg,

You'll probably need to ask Bigfoot, but IF it truly is an 80 LG, then someone swapped out the lower sliders with the ones for the 81LH...or an XJ. But I would be thankful for them, and put them on whichever bike/frame becomes the RUNNER!

T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

So the LH is the one with the same calipers as a Standard and the LG has swivels?

Both of these bikes run. Harry just cannibalized this one for the F he built and Docs bike has been sitting for MANY years but we did get it started.
                              Last edited by BA80; 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X