A former member down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A former member down...

CarolynS, who we have not seen on the board for a while, has been stricken with a terminal illness. If anyone here has a FB account and knew her, she can be found under her full name Carolyn Seaverns on FB. if you did know her, please friend her. Any upbeat chit chat would be great for her morale in this most difficult time.

That's all the detail I'll post here.
    Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

CarolynS

Comment

"Live every moment...Love everyday...Because before you know it...Your precious time slips away"....

Been talking to her on FB send her your thoughts and prayers she really will appreciate it...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm not on FB, but I do remember her.
        Sorry to hear about this.

Randy, next time you're chatting with her on FB, let her know she's in our thoughts and prayers, and we miss her posts here.
        Thanks,
        Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

I don't do FB, does she have an e-mail address?
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

try her link here

seavernscarolyn@me.com

seavernscarolyn@me.com
            Last edited by DAVINCI; 08-14-2014, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I just sent her a note, will let you know if she responds.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.

Comment

I received a moving reply from Carolyn, and this is what she had to say:

Thank you so much for the thread and the nice note. I sold my bike a couple of years ago to a young man who knew what she is and could appreciate her. He brings her by from time to time.

My disease is metastatic breast cancer, Stage 4. Basically at this stage they can only make you comfortable and keep you alive as long as possible by trying to slow the progression, as they cannot stop it. A few people manage to live many years, no one knows why, but most are dead within 3 years after diagnosis. I am very open about it because I want people to learn about what is considered a rare disease. About 150,000 people have it nationwide and it is really not a source of research at this time. They use us mostly for trials for other curable cancers as we are going to die anyway. Most of us willingly do trials because we may be able to help others that do have a chance to live.
                The up side is that I won't need surgery or chemo and will basically live very much the way I always have until my time grows short. Then I will decline rapidly and pass quickly. To me that is a blessing. I'll never grow old, be a burden on my family, or suffer forgotten in a nursing home. And my family, that has been very distant over the last decade, has come together. There are visits and reunions now planned that would've never happened if it weren't for my illness. I have a hard time being sad about dying when so many positive and wonderful things have come from it! Just your email is proof of the good things that can occur because of something bad!

It gives me hope that someone who has learned of my story may reach out to someone they've lost to reconnect. Life is short, the only thing of value that we have is the love we share with others. That you can take with you, unlike most things in life. Forgiving petty issues, taking the time to say 'I'm thinking of you', making time to spend with those that care about you, that is hopefully my legacy.

Please let the 'crew' know to message me anytime. Now that I am permanently disabled(the damage the tumors have done to my skeleton cause me to break bones regularly and I am restricted on my activity)I really enjoy the contact. I love to see the stories of the fun people are having! Thank you again for reaching out to me. Feel free to post this reply if you'd like and keep in touch!

I would encourage all who read this post to send Carolyn a note. I used the seavernscarolyn@me.com address.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.

Comment

Working...
                X