New mod for pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mod for pods?

Having not much else to do today I decided to try something that may or may not have been attempted.
    Most of my bikes have pods and I have never had any restrictions that impeded the airflow........Until today...
    I am less than skilled in posting pics. but I believe it is so simple that most will get it.
    I removed the snorkles from the airbox,and cut them just behind where they would normally fit into the original airbox,then I removed the rubber portion of the cheapo pods...with careful manipulation I was able to mate the two together ......just like they were meant for each other...The original airbox snorkles are angled slightly but can be spun on the carb to match each other
    Enjoy!!
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
    Having not much else to do today I decided to try something that may or may not have been attempted.
    Most of my bikes have pods and I have never had any restrictions that impeded the airflow........Until today...
    I am less than skilled in posting pics. but I believe it is so simple that most will get it.
    I removed the snorkles from the airbox,and cut them just behind where they would normally fit into the original airbox,then I removed the rubber portion of the cheapo pods...with careful manipulation I was able to mate the two together ......just like they were meant for each other...The original airbox snorkles are angled slightly but can be spun on the carb to match each other
    Enjoy!!
    Nice work Joe!.............obviously not a pod fan, but similar has been done here by others to help eliminate some of that turbulance by making an improv velocity stack.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hey guy/Joe,

Check out this Tech tip from 2005! It has the photos you're looking for, probably different type pods than what you used, but same principle!

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8269

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Cool, Joe!

Did you try this on El Torro?

More breath for bigger snorts of flour!

Oh... Turn right, Joe.

Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
          Cool, Joe!

Did you try this on El Torro?

More breath for bigger snorts of flour!

Oh... Turn right, Joe.

Bob
          Joe, hit the horn again!

-- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Piling on,
            Hey Joe, double nut the muffler bolt.

Comment

very funny guys

Bob, not on El Toro,....I keep turning right but don't seem to be getting anywhere...Scott don't know what it is about that horn..always gets a laugh.
              Jerry..I DO have double nuts ..........on the baffle.I ordered a replacement baffle but it needs to have a nut welded on it so the core doesn't fly out..
              Even though I know how much YOU liked the sound and volume of noise it put out....LOL....Good to hear from you guys again
              78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                Bob, not on El Toro,....I keep turning right but don't seem to be getting anywhere...
                Joe,
                That's what I love about ya, Bro...
                You can take it like ya dish it! Kinda cold... Lol!

That's cool.
                Stay that way!

Bob
                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                X