Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update:05-09-15: New Member Applicants can NOW be registered.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update:05-09-15: New Member Applicants can NOW be registered.

Hey there Folks/NEW MEMBER APPLICANTS,

I may have figured out a way to get new applicants registered without necesssarily having to create a new account which the site still won't allow!
    We have over 6k registered members, and MANY of them in the beginning would register, then just LURK, never post, and then just go away after a few months.
    The site logs folks IP addresses...both their initial registered IP, and then when they come back and visit the site...so I can tell when was the last time someone accessed the site. SO...I can take these OLD inactive accounts that are already registered with the system, just change the names and other data to the NEW APPLICANT's info, and then SAVE and UPDATE The database to reflect the new info, and then the NEW APPLICANTS can be NEW MEMBERS with full posting privileges and such. Yes, it's a BANDAID to the problem, but at least we will be able to get new members going on the site.

NOW...to dig into the ADMIN email account that I haven't looked at in like 6 months due to my disgust with the site's software and the glitch and such!
    The NEW MEMBER that the site shows at the top of the forums will NOT CHANGE because no actual new member # will be created, so folks won't be able to tell when they have privileges from that, but I will be sending out emails from the ADMIN account when I get them a membership. SO...new applicants, please be sure to check your email/junk folder or set your account to accept an email from FORUMADMINXS11(at)hotmail.com to be able to receive your activation notice.

I don't know why I didn't think about doing this earlier...but then again I've had a fair amount on my plate lately, with rescuing Mom, then B-I-L passing and such!

T.C.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
    Dear new member applicants,

The site's software has developed a severe GLITCH in the database that handles new accounts. WE are UNABLE to create new member accounts at this time. This occured a few weeks ago. The OWNER/WEBMASTER has been notified regarding this problem, he is aware of it, but as of yet, has not been able to fix it. I am not a programmer, and I don't have access to that level of the site's software, so there's not anything I can do either. I don't know if this will eventually require a Reinstallation of the software, or perhaps an UPDATE/UPGRADE process at the same time....we are a couple of years behind now.

I also had the FLU a couple of weeks ago, and so had just sorta unplugged from the site both just to get rest, but also out of just general frustration because I couldn't create any new members accounts.

SO....I have no idea of WHEN it will get fixed. I don't know IF/when the site may have to go OFFLINE to perform a repair/upgrade procedure??
    That's all I have right now!

T.C.

Aug. 24, 2014

Recently several folks have used the CONTACT US link to send registration info to us.

HOWEVER, they did not provide a working email address.....OR....their email server is BLOCKING unknown email addresses or emails from HOTMAIL!

Their accounts have been created, and notification emails have been sent out, but several had HARDBOUNCED back saying undeliverable! !

Edwin Ingalls(Boomer Ed), James Raatz(XS-redlegs), Danthefoorman(BlackD) are some of the new applicants that have not received their membership confirmation.

Please change your email settings to allow the email from our forumadminxs11(at)hotmail.com address and contact us when you have it corrected so that we can resend your notification email....sometimes passwords had to be changed, etc.!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Okay, new members accounts being created!!

Hey folks,

Okay, the process that I figured out IS WORKING, and so I'm NOW reviewing the ADMIN emails and new member applications and am creating new accounts from them, and then replying to them letting them know that their account is now ready for use. SO....if you are an aspiring new member and have submitted your application to the ADMIN email, I'll be getting to you in the next few days. IF you have been wanting to join, but did not write due to this thread's info....you can NOW submit your application info...desired USERNAME and Year/model of your bike, and I'll get it done. Your account will just have a generic password that you will then be able to change once you log in.

I'm now posting the list of new memberships to show folks in case they don't receive or open their emails.

Anssec66 Brad
    xsBen Ben
    j.gr3g Greg
    Mo_Man19 Muhammad
    mydnite special Chris
    DesMoBro Barter Fiend
    Jeff821 Jeff
    UK_Kevin Kevin
    Bill Black Bill in Ireland
    Dasant777 David
    Brendon Brendon
    tomcos67 Tom
    T. C. Gresham

Comment

Next batch of new members!

jventre John
      XSResurrected Bob
      XSCAFE_JOE Joseph
      Bluelake Brian
      yellowmorgan Alan
      shanepgriffin Shane
      hondakid11 Josh
      SS Clift Steven
      Swannanoasam Sam
      timsteenge Tim
      dsalo Derek
      barronbob Bob
      von Reckless Erik
      Phishphair Harlow
      Joe02151 Joe

Have made it from Nov, 14 emails up to March, should be able to get the last ones done tomorrow PM!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham

Comment

Last batch of new applicants

Von Reckless Eric
        BrandonFYIA Brandon
        edwardruth Edward
        jgreeson Joel
        bill.amundsen Bill
        Jason_C Jason
        dand1984 Dan
        billingSS
        rkimberl Robert
        Klwallace69 Kent
        dunkin712 Bill
        westpat George
        UncleMonkey
        DiegoBreeze Diego
        JoshuaM Joshua
        RobSwind Rob
        Jski18 Jarrett
        XJ1100C.Z.S Casimir
        Robsweetland Rob UK
        bfd305 Scott
        tater48 Karen & Greg
        vancemorrison Vance
        oldcyclehoarder Curt

Okay, I am now up to date with the new members applications, and will be more diligent in reading the ADMIN mail more often...closer to the DAILY frequency I had done before during the last 5 or so years!
        T. C. Gresham

Comment

An FYI for the week of 05-11-15 thru 05-16-15.

Hey Folks,

Just letting NEW APPLICANTS know that the above week I will be going on Vacation....on a WATER/OCEAN CRUISE to the Bahamas....and so I won't have access to the internet, and so applicants will just have to wait a week until I get back before I can process their registrations.
          T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
          X