New XS checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XS checking in

Hey peeps. Long time lurker here... I just picked up an '81 XS11 with the Venturer package. I've been fishing for an XS for several years now, but could only catch an occasional XJ

Anyway, it needs some spit and polish, new rubber, and a couple of minor things, but otherwise runs strong, idles great, and pulls like a freight train.
    I'm sure I'll have a host of questions for you folks before too long.

peace,

Vlad

----
    '81 XS1100SH "Hound of Basketville" - new project
    '81 XS1100H Venturer
    '81 XJ750RH Seca

Hi Vlad,
    Good looking 81 H you have there.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thank you!

hopefully soon it will be even more good looking..er
      ----
      '81 XS1100H Venturer
      '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

Nice! In eight weeks some folks are going to load their XS11's in Oklahoma and head out to North Carolina. You can join them!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Hey Vlad,
          "Only a few XJ's"... Pleeze... lol!! They look very nice.
          Nice new acquisition.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Haha! Thank you, Cobia. Those are just the ones I have at the moment. I started off with an XJ550 Maxim, and also had a couple of YX600 Radians for a short while (they are kind of honorary XJs, since they share some parts with the XJ550). I also repaired an XJ1100 and an XJ650 Turbo for a friend of mine. Both of those bikes will likely show up for a visit pretty soon, as they need carb work.

Marty, I wish I could join the peeps traveling to North Carolina, but you know how it goes.. Job, mortgage, etc etc.. lol
            Last edited by stereomind; 08-01-2014, 09:59 PM.
            ----
            '81 XS1100H Venturer
            '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

welcome sir!

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by stereomind View Post
                I just picked up an '81 XS11 with the Venturer package.
                Hi, Vlad -

Good job picking up that '81H - those are becoming pretty rare these days, and it looks like you snagged a nice one!

Your other bikes look good, too!
                Marco

Current bikes:
                1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                1979 Honda CBX
                2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Hey, stereomind! I knew there had to be other XSives around here somewhere. I've seen a lot of 650's and 850's around town but I have yet to see many another 11's.

I'm on the west side near the intersection of I 44 and I 75.

XJOK2PLAY and I are the ones headed to XSSE next month. He sold his XJ a couple years ago and has a Kawi Concours. Hope he can keep up on the road.........
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Cool! I'm just a bit north of town, in Owasso. We should go for a ride some time! Perhaps somewhere a bit closer than NC, though. A trip like that would be hard to clear with SWMBO.. But maybe some day

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Hey, stereomind! I knew there had to be other XSives around here somewhere. I've seen a lot of 650's and 850's around town but I have yet to see many another 11's.

I'm on the west side near the intersection of I 44 and I 75.

XJOK2PLAY and I are the ones headed to XSSE next month. He sold his XJ a couple years ago and has a Kawi Concours. Hope he can keep up on the road.........
                    ----
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer
                    '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

My friend Doc (RockinD) is out in Oologah and Bob (XJOK2PLAY) is in Skiatook. We'll all have to get together soon.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

turn right!!!

Bob's connie will keep up just fine,
                        just be careful of his directions he thinks you should always TURN RIGHT!
                        Bob Tell Bohn if he wants El Toros rear tire I could ship to him? lol
                        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Ah, Skiatook and Oologah are some of my most frequent checkpoints
                          You don't have to twist my arm to get me to ride..

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          My friend Doc (RockinD) is out in Oologah and Bob (XJOK2PLAY) is in Skiatook. We'll all have to get together soon.
                          ----
                          '81 XS1100H Venturer
                          '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

Working...
                          X