Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from Painting, coming along nicely...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Painting, coming along nicely...

Super color, now that the sun is out.

Now just to button everything down, add some missing pieces, and try 'er out...(Finally).
    81 H "Traumaha"
    06 KLR 650
    06 Katana 600 (Sold)
    05 Star 1100 (Sold)
    78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
    79 RD400 (Stolen)
    78 KE175
    Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Ehh. You've provided a few BEAUTIFUL examples of a paint scheme like no other. I don't feel like this matches your full potential. Honestly, I think it's kinda boring. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging u, but I've seen your previous work, and just feel like this was kinda just blah.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with you Ian. In terms of finish quality, it far exceeds anything I've put out, so I'm still in a little awe over it, especially with how well it goes with the gold frame. It still needs something though. I'm thinking of blacking out the bottom of the tank from the lower edge down to make the tank appear slimmer on the frame, and some sort of pinstripe for the transition. I think the real change will be when I pinstripe the whole tank/seat combo. I'm the graphics/paint protection guy at a local Ford dealership here and have access to a vinyl plotter and pretty much any design I can create...thinking maybe a Yamaha logo done up like the Vincent one. Maybe creating crazy, radical pickup truck graphics for the last year has made me crave something more simplistic and clean this time 'round.
      81 H "Traumaha"
      06 KLR 650
      06 Katana 600 (Sold)
      05 Star 1100 (Sold)
      78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
      79 RD400 (Stolen)
      78 KE175
      Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

Love the color. Wish I still had my old Honda accord. Almost the same color. I did add purple accent and pinstripe which made it all pop. Wish I still had photos... Looks nice though
        80 XS11
        Still a jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Would agree that something needs to be added to give your design a little zip. What is impressive, though, is the depth and shine of your paint. It's really sweet. Will be looking forward to the completed project. So far, so good!
          79 F
          Previously owned: (among others)
          1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
          1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
          1973 Suzuki TM 125
          1979 XS1100 F
          2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
          1991 BMW K75

Comment

Beautiful

bike. I'd polish or chrome the valve cover, that tank makes the engine look small. I think the best looking engines were/are the 11 and the 650 JMHO
            76 XS650 C ROADSTER
            80 XS650 G Special II
            https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
            80 XS 1100 SG
            81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
            https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
            AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Originally posted by mspivey1566 View Post
              Love the color. Wish I still had my old Honda accord. Almost the same color.
              Originally posted by MarkD View Post
              What is impressive, though, is the depth and shine of your paint. It's really sweet.
              I agree ... really like the color, and the quality of the paint finish looks outstanding! And it sure does go well with that gold frame!
              Marco

Current bikes:
              1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
              1979 Honda CBX
              2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
              WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
              X