Thanks for the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the site

Just wanted say thanks for the this site, helped me get the bike back on the road. The wife and I took it out and surprised the boy and went riding with him had a blast. It was 27 years ago the last time the wife and I road it.

bike looks great

What kind of shield or mini fairing is that? Looks good.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

Its a Vetter Rooster Fairing

Last edited by sdakota62; 07-20-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I have a Tracy RoadWarrior fairing without any brackets or hardware of similar size if anyone is interested - Its a handlebar mount windscreen type.

$20 + shipping and its yours. PM for pics.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by sdakota62 View Post
          Just wanted say thanks for the this site, helped me get the bike back on the road. The wife and I took it out and surprised the boy and went riding with him had a blast. It was 27 years ago the last time the wife and I road it.

That's the BEST part. The rest is bonus. BTDT, and biggest reason I keep it since getting it back from new the first ten yrs. of ownership. Had it back almost ten yrs. now.
          Nice job bringin' yours back to what it was!
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Excellent!

Originally posted by sdakota62 View Post

Your bike is lookin' really nice!

I bet it felt great to ride it again after all these years!
            Marco

Current bikes:
            1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
            1979 Honda CBX
            2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
            WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
            X