OK. Don't laugh. Seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. Don't laugh. Seriously.

Yesterday I was getting the final things done on my bike to get it ready for summer riding and the next day (today) I was going for my skills test. I was excited and a bit apprehensive about the skills test but looking forward to it.

I was in a bit of a hurry with lots of little things to get done. So I fixed the kill switch, reassembled the rear caliper after repainting it, did some polishing etc... Soooo... I go over to the paint cabinet (which is rather close to my other bike) to get a can of flat black for the footpegs. As I crouched down real fast to gab it, I crouched down real fast... right on the passenger foot peg. BAM!

Sweet mother of god don't ever do that! Holy @#%^*#@$ Don't ever do that.

You are laughing. I said no laughing...

I whanged my tailbone but good. When The pain, cussing and rapid pacing subsided, oh maybe a half hour later, I got back to work and didn't think much of it until I went in the house to get a drink and sat down on the couch... very briefly. $%^&$^&*#$@!!1! How the hell am I going to do my test tomorrow?

So I did what any sensible person would do and cracked a beer and went out to try sitting on the bike. *&@#$%!!!1!. So that's about half the cussing compared to the couch. I may be able to salvage this.

This morning got up, took a couple of extra strength Ibuprofin tablets and attempted to hover above the seat all the way to the test... which I then aced!

WOOT! OUCH! WOOT!

Seriously, don't ever do that.
    Last edited by Orange4; 07-17-2014, 02:42 PM.
    Living to EXcess.
    1978 XS1100E Canadian, Cartridge emulators, NOS heavy duty fork springs,
    Showa rear shocks, ACCT, Jardine 4-2 spaghetti pipes.
    1979 XS1100F Canadian, stock exhaust. Top end rebuild in progress.

ha ha ha

Couldn't help but laugh...
    Could have been worse...could have done it in the front,,,,or hit your head on the handlebars on the way up...makes you feel better already that you didn't....Congrats on the test
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Way to tough it out ! Congrats !!!!!
      Pain is good, makes you think about life, extreme pain is extremely good, makes you think about the meaning of life. Done
      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
      80 XS650 G Special II
      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
      80 XS 1100 SG
      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Do you know the difference between tailbone injuries and true love?

Tailbone injuries last forever!
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Hey, don't feel bad. I just walked out to pull my trailer out an hook to the truck.........just in case the ole' Bentley gives me crap, SWMBO can come retrieve me. Reached over top of trailer and immediately got nailed on right arm in at least 11 different places by wasp.
          Didn't notice they'd had a 'house' built under the angle iron on the trailer.
          Never been stung like that before........and so many times that quickly with some nailing me more than once before getting off my arm!
          Swelled things up fairly good, but ain't gonna stop me from stretching glove on over swollen hand tomorrow headed to rally.

All good......i had some Raid ant/roach killer, and after a bit I went on the attack. Killed them instantly and even knocked 'em dead out of the air.....their house is saturated with Raid too.....before I knocked it off on the ground.
          Last edited by motoman; 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

with some nailing me more than once before getting off my arm!
            What doesn't kill you comes back to finish you off...
            Living to EXcess.

Comment

Too Funny

Your story and the wasp. I used to be a mail carrier in my younger years and I remember being attacked one day on someone's front porch. I was just sliding their mail through there mail slot and holy mother of *(#*&$ what the hell was that. I don't know how many stung me for sure but I do know the mail was everywhere and I was still running. They too died later that day. The nest looked the size of a basketball. Turns out the folks that lived there never used the front door for anything, thus the nest. Like I said I personally solved that problem for them later that day.
              2 - 80 LGs bought one new
              81 LH
              02 FXSTB Nighttrain
              22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
              Jim

Comment

Orange4

I've never done anything silly like that!

...........more than twice a day
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

No, of course not. Just like I never loose my keys twice in one day. I loose them three times a day.
                  Living to EXcess.

Comment

don't know how old you are

because you have your profile hidden on that subject. I am getting into my late 50s now and it is just a bitch when you get up to go get something, get distracted for a second and forget why you got up. It is also getting old working around my bikes, set a tool down somewhere and not be able to find it again for 15 minutes.

Had an older gentlemen tell me this playing poker one day.... He was in his 70s then. He said it's a bitch when he gets up starts walking and forgets why he got up. Sits back down and realized why he got up to begin with after he pissed his pants.... I hope I never get that bad.
                    81 LH
                    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                    Jim

Comment

Almost

Almost pissed MY pants laughing about the 70 tr. old guy who did.
                      I don't feel so bad about my loss of memory now.
                      I tend to leave my tools "displayed"also known as strewn everywhere.so in theory they will be easy to spot at a glance..yeah right!
                      Was thinking about wearing an old set of construction pouches while working on the bikes......Now were did I put those pouches????
                      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

I am not laughing, you passed and now can ride anywhere..I am scared...

'80 XS1100 SG
                        Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I live by the motto

that getting old ain't for sissies.
                          81 LH
                          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                          Jim

Comment