Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fairing fairy visited while I was gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fairing fairy visited while I was gone...

I was out of town on business Monday morning and returned Friday to find 2 fairings sitting in my driveway next to Great Ranger.

My wife thought I put them there.

I asked my neighbor, a Harley guy, if he was responsible but no joy.

So some random person saw my collection of old bikes and decided I needed them...

There is a stock Yamaha windjammer with square turnsignals. No covers and screen is decent. The other is a windjammer iv ss? No covers and screen crazed and fairing cracked up but one turn signal lens intact.

So they are not much but a couple salvagable parts.

Its so random.

My wife says not only are my bikes making babies the parts are too.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Lol! That's funny, John!

Now, if only cash/checks would start doing that, too...?

Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

that is really weird!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen
        that is really weird!
        Not so much as you might think. Once the word gets around that you have a hobby or collection stuff can start showing up. Happened to me in Wisconsin when I used to do a lot of small engine work; I would get home and a mower or rider - I've been given 4 riders so far plus a fair number of push mowers - would just show up out of nowhere. People would rather give this stuff to someone with an interest than throw it away.

4 riders are:
        John Deere LX176 Hydrostatic - currently is my "daily rider"
        Gilson 16hp Hydrostatic - snow blade on it, runs every winter
        Montgomery Ward rider- sold when I left Wisconsin
        Old John Deere rider - no deck - used to to pull trailers around yard - sold when I left Wisconsin

So far no one has given me a motorcycle, though...
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I have had a fellow doing the roof next door leave me a note about parts he had because he saw my bikes in the driveway. He dropped them off the next day (bags and racks and stff like that).
          Another I met at a bar and asked if he needed any parts or help with his bike (an Eleven with YICS) who gave me forks and a factory replacement exhaust for a 81 Venturer in really nice shape.
          I just, about two weekends ago went and picked up a half a truck box full of engine/clutch/timing parts etc from a guy who knows I am into these bikes. I also got three sets of carbs and about 50-60 valve shims from him. He also gave me his own personal set of carbs off his Midnight special and asked me to rebuild them.
          The irony here is that he is a bike mechanic and he put together my first XS11 back in 79. He rides a 81 MNS which has Blake turbocharging and has offered to let me take it for a ride next time I am there. Battery was dead and it needed some attention or I would have been on it that day. I also yelled DIB'S on his bike if he ever sold it but he said I would have to buy it from his widow.
          Like was said before ....if people know you will try to make use of these parts they will give them to you, rather than see them in the dump. Let your interest be known in your area and you may be surprised at what comes out of the woodwork.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
          X