wanted: genuine adlib/blaster sound card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted: genuine adlib/blaster sound card

Sorry for the PC talk guys, but my old DOS machine needs a sound card and my SBPCI64 is too advanced to run under DOS.

Does anyone have an old ADLIB or genuine Sound Blaster (pre SB16) in their dinosaurs that they'd be willing to part with?

Why pre SB16? Those worked great under DOS?

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey, if you've got one and are willing to post to AUS I'm willing to try it out. If you want any money just let me know!

Comment

Let me dig through my boxes of computer junk and get back to you. I think I have one somewhere. Post to down under can't be that much.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey Justyn,

I think what you mean to say is PRE PCI format, you should have an 8bit or 16bit ISA slot for it. Was your previous card Stereo? If so, then you can use a SB16 as long as it's an ISA format! They will support the DOS drivers!

The computer that it's in, is it running only DOS, or is it that you have some OLD DOS games that need to recognize the sound card NOT THRU WINDOWS!? I found that I needed the older SB16 ISA style with 2 DMA channels for games like Duke Nukem3d and DOS Doom 1 and 2 and a few other old games.

I've got a very old SB CT1350=SBproII, is only 8bit MONO, circa 1991 on the chipset!!?? That might be too old for your needs is you want Stereo and such! Let me know!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

What I've got

Since buying my wizbang P4 2Gig with XP I've decided to fdisk my P133 and install DOS5.

I've replaced my Banshee3dfx with a trident 1meg and can't find dos drivers for my SBPCI64, so really any old card (pci or isa) that can be installed EASILY under DOS only is what I need, I'd prefer a blaster since all the old dos stuff knows it (Duke2, abuse, wolf3d etc) and something with a joystick port would be a nice touch too.

Not that I wanna be fussy hehehe

Comment

I have a SB 2.0 around here somewhere... but I'm a bit far....

LP
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Strom,

You're closer in EU than I in the USA.

Justyn, if you want this one, drop me a line/pm/email with your addy. The card DOES have a joystick port, mic in, line in, spkr out with 4 watts and extrernal analog volume control. I went ahead and D/L'd the DOS and Win3.1 drivers from Creative for it and can package that on a Floppy with it!! If it works, great, if not, trash it!

But as I said, it's MONO only!!! You might find a better Stereo one out there!?
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Find a SB16, it was a standard, everything supports it, it supports everything. It's on ISA 16 bus, so no problems there. It's stereo, CD quality. Same goes for AWE, AWE 32, 64 and 64 Gold.
                  SB 128 etc were on PCI bus.

LP

Comment

PS: Everything below SB16 is likely to hold up the rest of your comp. So don't bother with anything less than 16.

Comment

thanks

Hey thanks guys, I might wander into the local market and see what that weird little guy in the dark corner with the desk full of 3.5" disks has floating around. SB16 is as common as dogs**t so it shouldn't be hard. I just thought it would be too advanced, now I know better.

Now get out there and ride!

Comment

Working...
                      X