Honda Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Value

I had a question about the value of a CB750 '81-82. the bike is in decent shape. It only needs 2 things to put it into original shape.

1: Redo the seat cover and foam (has a Goldwing seat on it currently)

2: It needs a Magneto.

I have never replaced a magneto and have no clue what is involved. I live in Indiana and the used moto parts place in Indianapolis called Cycle Recycle2 has the magneto for $175. My neighbor has offered the bike to me for $400.

Let me know what you think.

Cuda_phish1 *A happy Cuda on Nitro*

crc

i live here in indy and have done a fair amount of trade with rob at cycle re-cycle if you do need the part he will be fair and get you a good deal. there is also a fellow in speedway at a place called magtech performance that rebuilds magnetos. he may be able to help as well. as far as the value try kelly bluebook on line they used to have a listing for bikes.

Comment

Re: Honda Value

Originally posted by cuda_phish1
      I had a question about the value of a CB750 '81-82. the bike is in decent shape. It only needs 2 things to put it into original shape.

1: Redo the seat cover and foam (has a Goldwing seat on it currently)

2: It needs a Magneto.

I have never replaced a magneto and have no clue what is involved. I live in Indiana and the used moto parts place in Indianapolis called Cycle Recycle2 has the magneto for $175. My neighbor has offered the bike to me for $400.

Let me know what you think.

Cuda_phish1 *A happy Cuda on Nitro*
      I think these bikes don't have a magneto. They use pick up coils and a couple small black boxs very much like what the XS11 uses.

$400 isn't bad if it's straight.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

While we're on Honda values, I know an 82 'Wing that the guy wants $950 for. 65K, needs seat, battery, right mirror, recent carb work. What kind of miles can these things go before a rebuild is needed?

I would probably go the $400, if I was in the market. I used to have a 750F, back in the day. But I only gave $800 for it in '83
        '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

Geezer's right, no magnetos on these. You must mean Alternator, or possibly ignition pickups?

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by randy
            Geezer's right, no magnetos on these. You must mean Alternator, or possibly ignition pickups?

Randy
            BTW just in case somebody in the PNW area wants one of these bikes, I have a nice 1981 Honda 750 Super Sport for sale. I have it listed in the newspaper for $750 but I’d give a break to anybody on the XS11 forum.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Honda value...

Hello,
              Remember the 'wing' used the X-act same front end as the CB 750 until about '80-'81...which means they are notoriously undersprung...and are prone to leaks in the fork seals... I guess the guys at Honda figgured there'd be no need to 'upgrade' something that had worked for over 10 years...
              I also own a CB 750 (2K miles) and in 1976 when the 'Goldwing' came out I thought somebody goofed! I even commented to the salesman..."that'll never work" and TO THIS DAY...I'm still right
              After test riding one...my opinion hasn't changed..."GOLDWING's SUCK"
              They steer like a bucket of water...ride like a box of rocks...and look like a pile of...well you know...I bought the CB 750 instead ! At least it was a 'Classic' (by then-1976)

"Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire. Psycho Killer Kiscasssay"
              (David Byrne cir-1983)
              MO-N-STEVE
              '79 SF "MO's Missile"
              '79 SF "That Old Black Magic"
              '79 SF "the Tomato Can"
              '80 SG "The BEAST"
              '80 XS850-SG "STILETTO"
              '81 SH "The NEW KID"
              '76 CB 750 K5 "The Orphan"

Comment

Working...