Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos

Heres a couple of sites I stumbled onto for bike pics and thought I'd post the sites in case some may not have heard of them.

Bikez.com........lots of pics and bike ratings

bikepics.com.......more pics than info, got my XS11 on this one and a couple of bikes I used to ride years ago.

Bruce
    78XS1100
    79XS1100 under reconstruction
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Y'all wanna see a thing of beauty? Check this out!

http://bikepics.com/pictures/126159/

http://bikepics.com/pictures/126158/

Comment

Not that 'Special.'

Actually it is marvelous. How do you get that much shine? Even thepipes look like they have never seen any heat??

What's that square thing on the down tubes, oil cooler?
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Yes that is an oil cooler. Did you notice the XJ pipes? He must spend more time polishing than an h-d rider does. Shore is purdy, ain't she? I hope mine looks half as good when I finish.

Comment

John...

That bike totally rips!
          Although, I have to say that the faring and sissybar/luggage rack combo are complete eyesores.

Gives a guy something to strive for.
          I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
          //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

I'll tell you what, I have a luggage rack and adjustable backrest on my bike and I wouldn't be without either. I also have a large windshield on it. Tha bike is more a cruiser than a racer, and with a 3'x4' piece of plywood attached to the luggage rack, it can carry large cooler, a tent, a couple of sleeping bags, and plenty of stuff to make a camping trip pleasant. So I personally think those accessories make the bike a lot more functional. It's kinda like the hemi in a Dodge truck. It doesn't need that much power, but it sure is fun when you step on the throttle.

Comment

Im into the add ons and what not as well when called for.
              And I'm sure there are articles that look really sharp on XS11s.
              The ones in question, however, look less than desirable.
              In my opinion.
              I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
              //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

Now I'm embarrassed.

Keep raising the bar, guys, and I'm going to get divorced. Again.

Randy

Comment

Hey Randy,

I wanted to post about your comment to change your name, but didn't want to reply in the TECH discussion area! There is a guy in Canada that has a bike named PHOENIX, cause his actually had been burned!!!

I think "Swamp Thing" is very original and portrays it's roots and seems very appropro! I found out that some one out west also has theirs named Godzilla, and I hadn't seen that name posted until recently since the past 2-3 years that I've been on these boards! But it took me a long time to come up with the name for mine, and so I'm sticking to it!! I think there was a Techno-Godzilla or some such beast, so there was actually more than 1.

Just wanted to let you know about that name that was already in use, since we all want ours to be a 1 of a kind thing!?!?
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                  X