Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is your insurance?

I love mine!
    I have been with State Farm since I started driving.
    My yearly is $52.00 (No theft or collision). Its $19.00 in N.Y. to register though. It takes the sting out of how much fuel these go through
    Previous bikes:
    1979 Husqvarna 390 CR (NEW)
    80's KTM 250XC
    I had a 80's
    490YZ
    TT500
    IT 490
    1986 600XT
    1988 Honda 350 XR
    2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4
    (?) Dnieper (Ural like) 2 WD Military sidecar rig
    I have a 2003 Honda 300 EX Wheeler
    and a 2010 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Wheeler

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/1c...Garage%20Resto

+1.....State Farm. Liability on Yammy and full coverage on the ST, and of course vehicles and home.
    As a GOLD member(now discontinued), makes the 2scoots prem. approx. $140yr. Colo. reg. approx. $45 apiece a yr.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Was just checking and State farm was right in the middle but did not offer road service.
      I found $7-39 per mo. depending on coverage between State Farm, Geico and Progressive which offered the most for the least.
      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
      80 XS650 G Special II
      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
      80 XS 1100 SG
      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

State farm as well. I have full coverage with a $2200 agreed upon value and pay about $160 a year.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          +1.....State Farm. Liability on Yammy and full coverage on the ST, and of course vehicles and home.
          As a GOLD member(now discontinued), makes the 2scoots prem. approx. $140yr. Colo. reg. approx. $45 apiece a yr.
          Forgot.....included road-side service.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Dang, I pay $27 a month for state minimum...then again I do live in Michigan.
            78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
            79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

State Farm around here and when I was in Milwaukee says that they do not offer roadside assistance for motorcycle. May want to double check on that for yourself.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
                Was just checking and State farm was right in the middle but did not offer road service.
                I found $7-39 per mo. depending on coverage between State Farm, Geico and Progressive which offered the most for the least.
                State Farm told me they do not offer roadside assistance FOR MOTORCYCLES which was very disappointing to me. Maybe it's just a Wisconsin things since apparently it works for motoman in Colorado. I am currently considering getting an AMA membership to cover this.

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                State farm as well. I have full coverage with a $2200 agreed upon value and pay about $160 a year.
                Nice, that is a good rate. State Farm quoted me $131.87 for the 6-month premium for just liability!!! I asked about a few other bikes, and it seemed like the liability rate scaled directly with engine size.
                Last edited by CRXSi90; 05-21-2014, 03:55 PM. Reason: I type slower than Nate!!!
                '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

$105 a year. Liability only.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

OOps!!

I told them mine was a 110
                    Previous bikes:
                    1979 Husqvarna 390 CR (NEW)
                    80's KTM 250XC
                    I had a 80's
                    490YZ
                    TT500
                    IT 490
                    1986 600XT
                    1988 Honda 350 XR
                    2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4
                    (?) Dnieper (Ural like) 2 WD Military sidecar rig
                    I have a 2003 Honda 300 EX Wheeler
                    and a 2010 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Wheeler

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/1c...Garage%20Resto

Comment

Lol, that should do the trick. It seemed to make no difference for 250 cc and below.
                      '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                      '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Geico in Missouri for the 1978 XS1100E is $112.00 a year.
                        "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

I have markel pay $50.00 a year. I get a renewal, safe driver and safety course discount. just have liability.

joined ama and got free roadside for all that I am driving and towing.
                          that cost for membership is $59.00
                          80 xs1100G

Comment

I use CSAA (AAA) here in Can'taffordya. The BMW is full coverage, and the MNS is liability. $850 per year for both, plus $84 per year for the MNS and $135 for the BMW state reg.!
                            Thus, Cantaffordya....
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                              I use CSAA (AAA) here in Can'taffordya. The BMW is full coverage, and the MNS is liability. $850 per year for both, plus $84 per year for the MNS and $135 for the BMW state reg.!
                              Thus, Cantaffordya....
                              Tax the taxing taxes so the taxes can be taxed...............It's GOOD to be the gov.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X