xj torn apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj torn apart

ive had this xj for year now.bought it without title. it was 60 degrees today so decided to tear it apart. took about 5hrs, sawsall and impact made quick work of it. and this was a full dresser. one of the hardest bikes ive worked on. dont know how you guys that own them have the patients. so sad ,it had 11k on it.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

xj torn apart

ive had this xj for year now.bought it without title. it was 60 degrees today so decided to tear it apart. took about 5hrs, sawsall and impact made quick work of it. and this was a full dresser. one of the hardest bikes ive worked on. dont know how you guys that own them have the patients. so sad ,it had 11k on it.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Why????

You spend 5 hours cutting up an Xj1100 when you could have sold it to a member instead who could have tried to fix it????. We must be missing something.............Hope you sell whats left of it, if anything.........a lot of us have xj1100's and know they are a great bike. So, wishing you know have peace, but a lot of us are crying about the demise of another xj......Mike in Sun Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

I can't say anything nice so I'll not say anything at all.........
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Where are you selling the parts?
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

did not want to do it but it was impossible to get a title for it .i know it made some members mad. my intention was to fix it but state makes that to hard and exspensive. im sorry if i have affended anyone. i did take my time taking care pulling it apart. everything is as it was built.never been butchered .eveything was in pretty good shape. i do need some parts for my sg. the rest going to sell. so others can save there bike as well. so please forgive me.

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

in the for sale forum.

graybird78
              80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
              X