hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

tought i would get on here and say hello sence i have not been on here in ages, about ready to start working on some of the xs 11 that i have and get them out of the shop so i can get my harley in there, lol just kiding,, i do have to make room in my shop there are 12 bikes in there and some of them got to go, i bought this house last year about this time, one reason is that it had a shop, iits time to start working on the xs.
    1979 xs1100 f
    142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
    floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
    1978 gl 1000 goldwing
    1981 gl 1100 goldwing
    !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
    when ya get bucked off, get back on

Howdy ,Cowboy
    Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Howdy Cowboy. Good luck on your project(s)!!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Hey Bob! Been a while. Remember this day?

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That's a lotta extra parts!
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Yep, that was the last of the Bob Jones parts bikes. I still got a good chunk of that stuff laying around my garage.

That's cowboybob998 walking through the picture.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

With the exception to the Standard on the right, too bad each of those did not have stock exhaust
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

That is positively, the best parade float I have ever seen....
                81 H "Traumaha"
                06 KLR 650
                06 Katana 600 (Sold)
                05 Star 1100 (Sold)
                78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
                79 RD400 (Stolen)
                78 KE175
                Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

There are 6 11's on that converted boat trailer. Yes, it is bowed in the middle.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Dang Greg...didnt realize you had that much stuff...great aquisition no doubt...
                    Welcome Back Bob!!!
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That Bob Jones guy was a hoarder...lol
                      Last edited by mikubuilder; 03-28-2014, 06:18 PM. Reason: half asleep
                      Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

That was back in 2011? I think. Those were the last of Bobs parts bikes Karla had. She said they were going to go to the scrap yard if no one came and got them. With the help of a few friends I got enough money together to go get them and saved them from the grim reaper.

The engine from one of those bikes on that trailer is in my SG right now. It is out of an F in the middle there. I have 8 parts engines on the floor in my garage still. If anyone wants a titleless frame to build an engine stand or whatever out of, I have 4 or 5 bare frames out back of my garage. Come get it.

Bob, you can jump on in here anywhere. I didn't mean to take over your thread but I did it rather efficiently. Didn't I?
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

This is what my garage looked like right after I unloaded them. The fram in the middle is an SH frame RockinD and I used to rebuild his bike with a bent frame. (it's an SG frame now)

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                          X