Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Introduction

Hi everyone.

I am happy that I got to become a member to this forum.

I am Chris and am 29 years old.
    I live in Killeen, Tx.

I have been riding bikes since I turned 18. My first bike was a 1990 Yamaha FZR 600 3HE. When I turned 19 the bike had a couple of mods on / in it and produced ~ 110 hp. With top speeds of 143 mph (German Autobahn)

When I moved to Texas back in 2009 I had to sell my FZR.
    Hoping to be riding soon again .. but it.was not happening for me.

Now 5 years after I moved here I finally scored a 1980 Yamaha XS 1100 Midnight Special for cheap. Of course she did not run at all.
    After 2 attempts of rebuilding the carbs and replacing the starter she finally started a couple of nights ago.

Pictures will follow .. got to figure out how.
    But that's no problem...
    80 MNS

WELCOME, Rex!

Congratulations on your Midnight Special - and yes, we all love pics here!

If you want to know anything and everything about your Eleven, this is the place to be - Enjoy!
    Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

As far as pics being posted, there is a thread on here showing how to do it. Quick method: open a dropbox/photobucket account, and copy the public url lile so:

EXAMPLE:

[IMG] tps://www.blahblahblah.com/gjgh.jpg. [/IMG]
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

I lived in Killeen in 73 to 74 then again in 78 to 79 for high school (my dad was stationed at Fort Hood) Loved it there. Drove my mustang cope around Belton Lake on the dirt roads, trying to do the Dukes of Hazard thing. Looking back I'm surprised that I lived through it. It is probably totally different now. Year round ridding if you can handle the heat. Although both times we lived there it snowed two inches and shut everything down for two days.

My son got his XS1100 when he was still 16. He traded his 82 CB450SC for it. The only problem it had was first gear was going out. He flipped the bike over took out the gears ground them put them back in and has not had a problem with it yet. (Yes he did the work by him self I had my own projects to finish )
        Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
        80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
        82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
        82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
        82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
        72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
        72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Welcome aboard!

John and I aren't too far from you (in riding terms lol).
          We're in the DFW area...

Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime this summer.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Welcome, Rex!

There are a bunch of "TeXSives" floating around! I am in Aggieland, we got them in Houston, Austin, and the DFW area.

We used to get together and do two rides a year. These are a great bunch of people!
            Anything you need to know, someone, will be able to help you.

Enjoy the ride!
            Gone but never Forgotten:
            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
            2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
            2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

..Thanks for the nice welcoming ..

I have the picture thing down now.
              just need some good pics

Yeah I hope to riding soon again and would love to meet other riders ...
              80 MNS

Comment

Working...
              X