Insurance shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance shopping

There was a lengthy thread on this topic earlier.
    If your employer is connected to an insurance organization offering group rates, it might be worth checking out. Additionally, sometimes group rates are further discounted by some insurers if you insure several items with them ie: property, car, motorcycle. After shopping around, I just finished consolidating my insurance policies with one company through my employer's group plan. As an example, if I insured only the XS11 with this company, the quote was $594. By consolidating property, car and motorcycle, the portion for the XS11 came down to $441. (Ontario, Canada) In total, I'm saving about $500/year from my last year's insurance costs. Some people say there is a risk in going with one insurer to cover everything ... if you have a claim then your rates might go up. Regardless, they all want to know your claims history anyway.
    Ride smilin'
    Dennis

Wow that sucks.
    Mine is 80 bucks a year
    79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
    07 V-star 1100
    Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Last year I sent in one of the "quote "cards that came in my Rider magazine. It was from GMAC insurance. Had nothing to loose. Current rate thru Allstate was $210 year. They came back with $93 per year, with passenger endorsement. Dodn't take long to do the math. Same thing happened with my boat insurance thru a "quote" card from Progressive. Costs went down 1/2.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I just went through shopping for insurance. Alot of it goes going to depend on the type and limits you want. My cars are insured through State Farm Mutual so I figured I would get a good rate there.

25/50/25 liability and 25/50 Uninsured motorist was $580 per year.

I called Geico
        50/100/25 liability and 10/20 uninsured $190 per year.
        The most expense is uninsured motorist. 50/100/25 liability alone would cost me only $64 per year.

I shopped a few othe companies but they all came close to Geicos costs so I decided to go with a bigger company than some found on the net.
        Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

progressive

progressive bike $124 year.(9 months)liebility.Can't get full coverage to old of bike.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I just renewed for 764$ Canadian.
            602$ of that is for accident benefits.
            You guys sure have it good.
            1979 xs1100sf
            1972 cb500 four

Comment

Targetman: $319 this year. $220 of it is accident benifits. Down from $1600 last year. Man I hate ontario insurance companys.

Since your in the Shwa you going to any of the thursday nights at that chicken place in port perry? I hate being the only non hardley there.
              1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

Thats why I'm totally against free health care coverage. How often do you really "need" to go to the doctor? If it's free multiply that number by a factor of at least ten.
                I'd rather buy my own aspirin and save thousands on insurance and taxes.
                79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
                07 V-star 1100
                Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Working...
                X