• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened?

I had some serious withdrawal pains w/o my forum
    BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

couldnt access the site for 24 hrs...and for the past week its been a bitch to log on...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yesterday was a no acces day for me also

Got my fix on the UK site
      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Couldn't get on either, glad all is well today! (Although I haven't posted much recently.)
        Richard
        '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
        '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Happy Anniversary!

Before the World Wide Web, do you remember how you would have found where Crimea is? How did you share pictures of your vacation or work when you were on the road?
          The Web has changed the way we work, share our lives with family and friends and even play games. This one innovation has brought an astonishing level of change in a short amount of time.
          Today, the Web is marking its 25th anniversary. On March 12, 1989, Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist, introduced the idea of the World Wide Web in a proposal for an information system.

Jeffrey Jaffe, CEO of the World Wide Web Consortium
          Jeff Jaffe is chief executive officer of the World Wide Web Consortium, the Web’s main international standards organization.
          The MIT-trained computer scientist, who works with W3C director and Web inventor Berners-Lee, said the Web has far exceeded anything he could have imagined.
          “There are very few innovations that changed everything about people’s behavior,” Jaffe said. “But I also think it’s just a start.”
          Network World Daily - 3-12-2014 (Edited for length.)

Web sites go down occasionally, sometimes for maintenance and upgrades, sometimes for other reasons. Miss it when it is not there...
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I don't know if this was how it was resolved but when I noticed it down this morning I emailed the NOC (noc-denver@latisys.com) that maintains the web site server. I got the information off a WHOIS search for the site as the contact.

I knew the server had to be up because I could FTP into it. Anyway, I got a response that a ticket was opened up for the issue and about a half hour later it was up. This was the response I got:

Dear j_abramson,

A new ticket has been opened on behalf of your account.

Ticket Number:01076690
            Subject: Site down xs11.com

To update your ticket, simply reply to this email with the subject intact.

You may receive further email communication from our ticketing system as your ticket's status changes.

Thank you,
            Latisys

ref:_00D80dNbx._500C0XvtXC:ref

I never did get another email though.

-Jonathan
            Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

JSA, you are the man, nice job.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Way to go JSA, nothing like knowing what you're doing.
                1980G Standard, Restored
                Kerker 4 - 1
                850 Rear End Mod
                2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                Automatic CCT
                1980GH Special, Restored
                Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by thumperjsa View Post
                  I don't know if this was how it was resolved but when I noticed it down this morning I emailed the NOC (noc-denver@latisys.com) that maintains the web site server. I got the information off a WHOIS search for the site as the contact.

I knew the server had to be up because I could FTP into it. Anyway, I got a response that a ticket was opened up for the issue and about a half hour later it was up. This was the response I got:

Dear j_abramson,

A new ticket has been opened on behalf of your account.

Ticket Number:01076690
                  Subject: Site down xs11.com

To update your ticket, simply reply to this email with the subject intact.

You may receive further email communication from our ticketing system as your ticket's status changes.

Thank you,
                  Latisys

ref:_00D80dNbx._500C0XvtXC:ref

I never did get another email though.

-Jonathan
                  I'd rather attempt the washer swap, than try to decipher what you stated

But, I'm very grateful for your efforts in remedying the situation.

Thanxs ! ! !
                  1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                  1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                  1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                  1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                  1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post
                    I'd rather attempt the washer swap, than try to decipher what you stated

But, I'm very grateful for your efforts in remedying the situation.

Thanxs ! ! !
                    +1......exactly my thoughts Schming........and I didn't do the washer swap(had full engagement).
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                    X